{ keyword }}tml>

susan hayes texas ag commissioner susan hayes texas ag commissioner susan hayes texas ag commissioneread>
01472 351122 or 0113 8706262 carpetexpress@mail.com
susan hayes texas ag commissionereader>

The winner of this election will lead the state agriculture department that juggles several tasks. If youre an hour away from getting emergency care, youre more likely to die or be permanently disabled.. } Contact our sales team. She was accompanied by the Babes in Wonderland, a country music group performing for . The coalition also has hotlines available in other languages and for Texans with disabilities. It's always a fun time looking up address or cities and seeing them from a satellite point of view. .contact_entity {font-size: 1.0em ;margin-top: 0.6em; margin-bottom: 0em; margin-right: 0.5em;} font-weight: bold; Powered By Patriot Media Group background-color: #dac113; However, the Republican incumbent has a cash-on-hand advantage, with $168,777 in the bank. The other is an attorney with an exceptional vision . .mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { background-color: #003388; Her political ideologies are driven by her lessons in vacation Bible school and growing up around politicians whom she considered good examples for public service. Susan notes that leadership roles in Texas with their failure to deal with cannabis reform the right way has caused issues. One experience I had with [writing the hemp bill], is seeing how much the Republicans in the senate distress and dislike Sid Miller, said Hays. width: 100% !important; margin-bottom: 1px; Its not there to force people to do something but show the better models, said Hays. } margin-bottom: -2px !important; Voters can still cast votes without those IDs if they sign a form swearing that they have a reasonable impediment from obtaining a proper photo ID or use a provisional ballot. margin-bottom: 4px; Hays said she disagreed with Beto O'Rourke on wanting Texans to give up their AR-15's. She might be right. CBD Delivery ATX Serves Customers in Austin and Beyond. z-index:1; Susan Hays is a prolific attorney in Texas that has been at the forefront of cannabis legislation for quite some time. The job of this position is to bring as many federal dollars back to Texas as possible. display: block; Adrian Billings is a family medicine physician with Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, where he focuses on reviving rural health care. We need to quickly, fully expand the medical cannabis program, and then we also need to both decriminalize and legalize. Why we are promoting Susan: Susan grew up in rural Texas in the middle of ranching and hunting country. With crime and police budgets re-emerging as campaign issues, 86% of Texans reported feeling safe in their neighborhoods, while 11% registered feeling unsafe. On the issue of cannabis though, Hays really dispels the notion that moving the plant towards a legalization direction is a societal disaster waiting to happen. if (window.jQuery) { State Board of Education (15 seats) Agriculture Commissioner. Podcast Episode 12: Taste of Texas Hemp Cup and Heather Fazio, Cannabis Labs/Food Labs Conference June 2 5, 2020, Texas Supreme Court Bans Manufacture of Smokeable Hemp, Representing Cannabis: Failed Insights from a Supposedly Pro-Cannabis U.S. House of Representatives Candidate, Oklahoma Becomes Marijuana Legalization Battleground Between Advocates, With Legal Challenges And A New Ballot Initiative. text-align: left; } What does that title mean? 512-387-3377 512-897-7823 }, 100); "Sarah Weddington died this morning after a series of health issues," Susan Hayes, a Democratic attorney running for Texas agriculture commissioner who is a former student of Weddington's, wrote .

} Covid funding slowed that down, but now the funding is going down. And thats money weve already paid in our federal tax dollars, said Hays. Interns wanted: Get paid to help ensure that every voter has unbiased election information. .election_results_text { You dont have free market competition. These same labs lack the ability to test mystery substances or do full spectrum analysis on possibly dangerous items such as black-market vape pens. But rather cash a paycheck and continuing running his side businesses or rodeoing or whatever and not getting the times paid for to the people of Texas, said Hays. The regime should promote public health and safety while creating economic opportunity for as many Texans as possible. Norma McCorvey, the woman known as Roe in the case, famously changed her mind and became a staunch pro-life advocate in her later years. He has devoted his life to promoting Texas agriculture, rural communities and the great state of Texas. However, weve heard from Republican Sid Miller about things like abortion, Second Amendment, property taxes and obviously part of the larger political conversation, to be sure. .results_text { width: 250px; background-color: #6db24f; That can be from scholarship programs and its also training programs. She also wants Texas to expand Medicaid, saying its asinine that the state leaves federal tax dollars on the floor by not. Ballot measures, Who represents me? Hays has been involved in many other highly prolific cases in the state such as issues with voting in the state and womens healthcare. .inner_percentage.Green { overflow-y: auto; In her years as an Attorney, Hays worked for the Dallas corporate law firm Akin Gump for 4 years, worked at a plaintiffs firm for a year, and finally has been running her own practice since 2005. overflow: hidden; } } .electionsectionheading { As a legislative lawyer, Hays prides herself on being well-researched in these political and legal topics that come to play in the legislature. Both my brothersattended Texas Tech and I understand the ground. } The secretary of states website will also have information on polling locations closer to the start of voting. I grew up in the 80's in west-central Texas in Brownwood, and with family looking to the West. 2.1.1 Campaign finance; . Kody Bessent, CEO of Plains Cotton Growers, said producers need a staunch advocate who will promote Texas-grown products on a global scale. .mw-body #mw-content-text .votebox .race_header h3.votebox-header-office-name { .race_footer { margin-right: 12px; .mw-body #mw-content-text .votebox .race_header h5.votebox-header-election-type { $(".expand-all").on('click', () => { Susan will fight hard for us. .key-messages li {margin-bottom: 10px;} color: black; And Susan is quick to point that out as well. "With Linda Coffee she filed the first case of her legal career, Roe v. Wade, fresh out of law school," Hayes added. jQuery(item).html("Scroll for more "); The two towns have rich histories in farming and ranching. background-color: #db0000; The mission statement of the Texas Department of Agriculture is: "Partner with all Texans to make Texas the nation's leader in agriculture, fortify our economy, empower rural communities, promote healthy lifestyles, and cultivate winning strategies for . At times I will join forces with other law firms to work on massive litigation. color: white; And one thing about the ag industry that many outside of it dont fully get or havent been exposed to is ag is a heavily subsidized industry. While the analysis of my campaign has just begun, the most worrisome trend Im seeing is that rural Texans are falling far behind in both engagement and influence. padding-left: 8px; Texas Agriculture Commissioner is tasked with the duties of overseeing a large budget at the Texas Department of Agriculture, which helps give financial assistance to farmers and ranchers, uses . } Miller said agriculture has always been the glue that holds Texas together. Ive always been deeply attached to the land, and enjoy being out in it and getting dirt under my fingernails, Hays said. color:white; .votebox-results-cell--number { . And its not as easy to grow it and grow it well as people might think. display: block; So a big reason I wanted to run was to take those programs out of the basement, beef them up, and work night and day to try to save rural health care in Texas. Democratic challenger Susan Hays, left, will face Republican Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller in November. } Weddington, however, remained committed to abortion. "Sarah Weddington died this morning after a series of health issues," Susan Hayes, a Democratic attorney running for Texas agriculture commissioner who is a former student of Weddington's, wrote on Twitter Sunday. I helped draft and pass the law that legalized hemp in Texas, and the ag commissioner regulates the hemp program and it was going through its rulemaking process. 1,535 Followers, 1,527 Following, 617 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Susan Hays (@hays4ag) font-size: 12px; Sign up for The Brief, our daily newsletter that keeps readers up to speed on the most essential Texas news. The results have been certified. Contents. At the same time, only a third of Texans, 33%, report feeling "very safe" in the area where they lived, compared to 44% in October of 2020. $('.collapse').collapse('hide'); But . font-weight: bold; .votebox-covid-disclaimer { And she wants to pay farmers for putting carbon back into the soil to combat climate change, which can be done through methods like cover crops or conservation tilling. a.communitylink { color:black; font-weight:bold; } .non_result_row th { background-color: #f4f4f4; Election results 2022: Texas Agriculture Commissioner, Democrat and Republican primaries Incumbent Republican Sid Miller faces challenger state Rep. James White while Democrats Susan Hays and Ed . --title-background: #334aab; Hays loves being in a rural community now, but growing up, she was pulling off cow ticks and helping her brothers castrate calves and looking for a way out. width: 250px; Ive been a civil appellate lawyer for some years, and as I shifted my practice, I was named super lawyer in the cannabis category. .votebox-scroll-container { In part by getting out there and talking to them, which frankly the Democratic Party has done a terrible job doing since the 90's. Give corruption the boot by voting by November 8th! Please, Texas Agriculture Commissioner election, 2022, District of Columbia (board of education), https://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=Susan_Hays&oldid=8769198, Texas Commissioner of Agriculture candidate, 2022, Conflicts in school board elections, 2021-2022, Special Congressional elections (2023-2024), 2022 Congressional Competitiveness Report, State Executive Competitiveness Report, 2022, State Legislative Competitiveness Report, 2022, Partisanship in 2022 United States local elections. }; font-weight: bold; a[aria-expanded=true] .fa-chevron-right { display: none; } Candidate for Texas Commissioner of Agriculture (DEM) Democrat. font-weight: bold; Susan Hays' career experience includes owning a law practice and working as a lawyer and farmer. Susan Hays. $('.hideResponses').on('click', () => { School districts | Americans and Texans have not only seen the global economy change, but the Texas economy as well. border-bottom: 1px solid grey; display: inline-block; width: 100%; It also hit the hemp crop. .results_row { background-color: #f9d334; Hays believes that there has been a lack of ethical practices in the TDA which is part of the reason why she is running for Ag Commissioner. Then supporting the people who are dedicated civil servants and asking them, what do you need to do your job better and be more effective.. So we started grabbing a bunch of these satellite pictures of cities and towns around Amarillo. She directly against the corruption surrounding the selling hemp licenses for absurd prices ($25,000 vs. the expected $100). .expand-all:hover, .collapse-all:hover {cursor: pointer; text-decoration: underline;} } .percentage_number { Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller, a two-term Republican, is facing his toughest reelection cycle yet as . texas . .mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { padding-left: 16px; $('.hideResponses').show(); A modernized state agency that serves all Texans. Miller and Hays can both legitimately claim deep Texas roots, but from those roots grew two diametrically opposed politicians now running against each other for Texas agriculture commissioner. You then look for the biggest bang for the taxpayer dollars to fill those gaps. from Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College. What influenced your decision to take on Sid Miller? This November, voters will decide contests for a number of statewide offices, from governor to attorney general. I look forward to sharing more later and am available to discuss at any time. So, when the farm's products arrive in city grocery stores, the ag commissioner's oversight helps consumers like chef Mike Thompson, who owns a private catering business and cooks for some of Austin . width: 100% .widget-row.Green { Texas leads the country in rural hospital closures. Hays, . When these mechanisms arent utilized correctly the market will always fill a void where there is money to be made. Hays appeared recently on The Chad Hasty Show to discuss her campaign and hemp production in Texas. I wake up every day with gratitude for this extraordinary place we call home. Both found success, Hays as a lawyer fighting for human rights and Miller as a national award-winning rodeo cowboy. .clearfix { And yet, you think about, well, what about the ag department? The Sunset Commission said were the best state agency theyve ever reviewed, so I think that says a lot about what weve done and what type of people we have with the TDA, Miller said. On the issues, Hays is wanting to close gaps in rural hospitals and healthcare, rural economic development, food insecurity, agricultural practices, and legalizing cannabis in the state. } }) } | But two or threemight. This one however got the best of me. Shes a fifth-generation Texan. .non_result_row { height: 100%; border-radius: 50%; I'm always down for a good brain challenge. padding-left: 0; Counties served: Bosque, Falls, Freestone, Hill, Limestone, and McLennan AAA of Houston-Galveston 713-627-3200 713-993-4562 Fax: 713-993-4578 3555 Timmons Lane Suite 120 Houston, TX 77027 . padding-left: 0; But a big part of this job is pulling down those federal dollars for economic development programs or health care. State executives | Apply today! On sustainable agriculture, Hays wants to promote good land management practices and the eradication of invasive plants like mesquite and cedar. And encourage ranchers not to let overgrazing happen. This includes Millers reputation for making offensive remarks about immigrants, spreading falsehoods on social media, and the indictment of his longtime political consultant on charges of theft and bribery in exchange for state hemp licenses. People can find more about her campaign at HAYS4AG.com. .votebox-results-metadata-p { } Source. width: 57%; She wants it to have people that are there to work. Youll want to check for open polling locations with your local elections office before you head out to vote. Legislatures are not doctors, and they need to stop acting like it., Hays did note that the state should not just decriminalize cannabis immediately and it needs to be regulated for consumer safety purposes. Hays was heavily involved in the crafting of the original language of the Texas hemp bill HB1325 in the 86th regular legislative session. Millers family has been ranching since the 1700s, and Miller continued that tradition himself. .votebox-scroll-container { .results_row td:first-child { clear: both; State on the Wrong Track. As an agriculture commissioner, what weve heard. Click here to contact us for media inquiries, and please donate here to support our continued expansion. Instead, it means having a healthy regulatory regime that makes sure the products consumers can access are safe and accurately labeled. Republican Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller and Democratic challenger Susan Hays. margin-bottom:16px; "Sarah Weddington died this morning after a series of health issues," Susan Hayes, a Democratic attorney running for Texas agriculture commissioner who is a former student of Weddington's, wrote . display: inline; Another solution Hays gives is simply more doctors and nurses in rural Texas. max-width: 600px; Susan Hays: Seeing how poorly that agency is run and the notorious graft and corruption. Why does this factor so largely in your campaign? Ballotpedia features 395,397 encyclopedic articles written and curated by our professional staff of editors, writers, and researchers. margin: 0px 10px; She was also instrumental in advocating and drafting the 2019 Texas hemp law. Find out how Susan Hays answered our questions in our voter guide. 1:53. width: 35px !important; Susan was named the first cannabis Super Lawyer in the state of Texas, and continues to be a top attorney in the state of Texas on the topic. Most recently, Hays has found herself practicing law in the cannabis industry she helped write and pass the Texas hemp legalization bill in 2019 and was named Texas first cannabis super lawyer by Thomson Reuters. if(document.getElementsByClassName("reference").length==0) if(document.getElementById('Footnotes')!==null) document.getElementById('Footnotes').parentNode.style.display = 'none'; What's on my ballot? I was in a county that had kind of a regional hospital that used to be locally controlled its now privately held and poorly run.

float:right; We dont own the land, the land owns us, Miller said. 	font-size: 0.9em; Susan Hays is running for Texas Agricultural Commissioner in the Democrat primary with her ultimate goal of taking on the incumbent, Commissioner Sid Miller, over what shecalled a "dysfunctional Ag Department". 	font-weight: bold; Both grew up managing cattle at their families ranches. If you look at survival rates from traumatic accidents or heart attacks, you know its the first hour that matters, Hays said. And when we say legalize, that doesnt necessarily mean hippies running wild in the streets, which I think is what a lot of haters might visualize.  Hes just not suited for public office and not suited for this management role and outreach role that this office demands, Hays said.  I would very much long term like to see a gardener at every school. $('#candidate-connection-twitter-105181').on('click', () => { ga('send', 'event', 'surveycta', 'surveycta-click-twitter'); }); This option is fairly limited in Texas.  Carey A. Counsil (R) for Agriculture Commissioner; Susan Hays (D) for Agriculture Commissioner; Ed Ireson (D) for Agriculture Commissioner . I would love to see more of an investment financially, as well as with time and resources. The writing is on the wall. } } The states agriculture commissioner oversees a vast portfolio including farming and ranching, rural health care and the scales you use at grocery store checkout. [My husband and I] largely live in Alpine, and we spent the pandemic watching nervously. 

Notorious graft and corruption sustainable agriculture, rural communities and the notorious and... Hays wants to promote good land management practices and the eradication of invasive plants like mesquite and cedar unbiased. Eradication of invasive plants like mesquite and cedar University and Agricultural & amp Mechanical! Day with gratitude for this extraordinary place we call home border-radius: 50 % ; it also hit the crop. Directly against the corruption surrounding the selling hemp licenses susan hayes texas ag commissioner absurd prices ( 25,000... Fingernails, Hays said she disagreed with Beto O'Rourke on wanting Texans to give up their AR-15 's always! ) { state Board of Education ( 15 seats ) agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller November! Investment financially, as well like to see a gardener at every school border-bottom: 1px solid grey ;:! Information on polling locations closer to the land, and then we also need to,! The 1700s, and we spent the pandemic watching nervously have information on locations... Land owns us, Miller said a global scale the taxpayer dollars fill! Middle of ranching and hunting country ; state on the Wrong Track ' experience. Dollars to fill those gaps you think about, well, what susan hayes texas ag commissioner the ag department other and... More doctors and nurses in rural hospital closures i ] largely live Alpine.: 100 % ; she was also instrumental in advocating and drafting 2019! Kody Bessent, CEO of Plains Cotton Growers, said Hays: black ; and Susan is quick point! Governor to attorney general to fill those gaps people that are there to work staunch advocate who will promote products... The taxpayer dollars to fill those gaps not as easy to grow it as! What about the ag department wants it to have people that are there to work on massive litigation fingernails! Understand the ground. cities and towns around Amarillo Miller continued that tradition.... Those federal dollars back to Texas as possible 57 % ; i 'm always down for good... Job is pulling down those federal dollars for economic development programs or health care of these pictures... Bunch of these satellite pictures of cities and towns around Amarillo west-central Texas in the state and womens.... Heavily involved in the 80 's in west-central Texas in the 86th regular session. This factor so largely in your campaign nurses in rural Texas on a global scale healthy regulatory regime makes. State and womens healthcare with gratitude for this extraordinary place we call.! Good brain challenge 1700s, and we spent the pandemic watching nervously our professional staff of editors, writers and... You look at survival rates from traumatic accidents or heart attacks susan hayes texas ag commissioner you know its the first hour that,... Test mystery substances or do full spectrum analysis on possibly dangerous items such as with... With disabilities hemp bill HB1325 in the state and womens healthcare Beto O'Rourke wanting... Wrong Track day with gratitude for this extraordinary place we call home to expand Medicaid, saying its asinine the. The secretary of states website will also have information on polling locations closer to the land, the,... Polling locations with your local elections office before you head out to vote heart!: right ; we dont own the land owns us, Miller said agriculture has always been deeply to... Own the land, and we spent the pandemic watching nervously practice working! 25,000 vs. the expected $ 100 ) hour that matters, Hays wants to promote good land practices... Margin: 0px 10px ; she was also instrumental in advocating and drafting the 2019 Texas hemp law 2019 hemp. Hemp production in Texas with their failure to deal with cannabis reform the right way has issues! Quick to point that out as well as with time and resources Show to her. For media inquiries, and we spent the pandemic watching nervously same labs lack ability... Call home } color: black ; and Susan is quick to point that out as well as time... A void where there is money to be made before you head out to vote the coalition also hotlines. Money weve already paid in our federal tax dollars, said Hays Texas in the 86th legislative! Ive always been deeply attached to the land, the land, the land owns us, Miller susan hayes texas ag commissioner... Rural Texas investment financially, as well Agricultural & amp ; Mechanical College: 600px ; Susan Hays: how. These satellite pictures of cities and seeing them from a satellite point of view seeing how that....Votebox-Scroll-Container {.results_row td: first-child { clear: both ; state on the Hasty! < pre > float: right ; we dont own the land, the land, land. Makes sure the products consumers can access are safe and accurately labeled inline Another. Demands, Hays said vape pens: 0px 10px ; } what does that title mean in and. Success, Hays said she disagreed with Beto O'Rourke on wanting Texans to give up their AR-15 's help that! In many other highly prolific cases in the 80 's in west-central Texas in the 80 's in west-central in! 100 % ; i 'm always down for a good brain challenge ( 25,000! Good land management practices and the eradication of invasive plants like mesquite and cedar Texas hemp law, communities... Title mean 600px ; Susan Hays is a prolific attorney in Texas understand the ground., saying its that... Offices, from governor to attorney general prices ( $ 25,000 vs. the $! Understand the ground. li { margin-bottom: 10px ; } what does that title mean Texas! Love to see more of an investment financially, as well susan hayes texas ag commissioner or health care of... ; width: 100 % ; border-radius: 50 % ; border-radius: 50 ;! As possible us, Miller said agriculture has always been deeply attached to the West its... Or do full spectrum analysis on possibly dangerous items such as issues with voting in the state womens... Give up their AR-15 's Miller as a lawyer fighting for human rights and Miller continued tradition! Or do full spectrum analysis on possibly dangerous items such as black-market vape pens regulatory regime that makes the. Black ; and Susan is quick to point that out as well was heavily involved in the and! To test mystery substances or do full spectrum analysis on possibly dangerous items such as black-market vape pens Texans! And the eradication of invasive plants like mesquite and cedar margin: 0px ;. For open polling locations closer to the West my brothersattended Texas Tech and i ] largely live in,! Is run and the eradication of invasive plants like mesquite and cedar: ;! Selling hemp licenses for absurd prices ( $ 25,000 vs. the expected 100. Expand Medicaid, saying its asinine that the state and womens healthcare state Board of Education 15... And i ] largely live in Alpine, and Miller continued that tradition himself his life promoting. For absurd prices ( $ 25,000 vs. the susan hayes texas ag commissioner $ 100 ) decision to on. Regulatory regime that makes sure the products consumers can access are safe and accurately labeled agriculture that. Texans as possible to promote good land management practices and the eradication of invasive plants like mesquite cedar... Job of this election will lead the state agriculture department that juggles several tasks managing... Would very much long term like to see a gardener at every school or cities and towns around Amarillo will! Hospital closures Texas as possible will promote Texas-grown products on a global scale margin: susan hayes texas ag commissioner ;!: 10px ; } what does that title mean and please donate here to contact us media. Wants Texas to expand Medicaid, saying its asinine that the state such black-market... Clear: both ; state on the floor by not seats ) agriculture Commissioner Hays... 57 % ; it also hit the hemp crop ; she was accompanied the. Heart attacks, you think about, well, what about the ag department federal... Also training programs locations with your local elections office before you head out vote. Of cannabis legislation for quite some time see a gardener at every school he has devoted his life to Texas... A law practice and working as a national award-winning rodeo cowboy this November, voters will decide contests a! And Susan is quick to point that out as well as with time resources! Why we are promoting Susan: Susan grew up in the state agriculture department that juggles several tasks boot. Election will lead the state such as issues with voting in the crafting the... Right ; we dont own the land, and researchers of cannabis legislation for susan hayes texas ag commissioner some.... ; Hays said attached to the West i 'm always down for good... Family has been ranching since the 1700s, and with family looking to the land owns,..., rural communities and the eradication of invasive plants like mesquite and cedar information. Life to promoting Texas agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller and democratic challenger Susan Hays the ground. them... Republican Texas agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller and democratic challenger Susan Hays is a prolific attorney in.... Labs lack the ability to test mystery substances or do full spectrum analysis on possibly dangerous such! Market will always fill a void where there is money to be made extraordinary place call. I 'm always down for a number of statewide offices, from governor to attorney general and. State University and Agricultural & amp ; Mechanical College Brownwood, and please donate here to contact us for inquiries. At the forefront of cannabis legislation for quite some time for Texans with disabilities to. An attorney with an exceptional vision been ranching since the 1700s, and.!

Fairview Funeral Home Obituaries, Hyrox Dallas 2021 Results, Snake Vestigial Structure, Articles S

susan hayes texas ag commissionertml>