{ keyword }}tml>

schofield pass deaths schofield pass deaths schofield pass deathsead>
01472 351122 or 0113 8706262 carpetexpress@mail.com
schofield pass deathseader>

policy linked to above. View All Photos. Jon Thompson, backcountry recreation planner for the Aspen-Sopris Ranger District, said Friday that remediation work is planned for the . My group consisted of a stock '97 Tacoma (29" A/T tires), a modified 2014 Tacoma, a modified 2019 4Runner, and a stock '03 Land Cruiser (33" A/T tires). Designated campsites can be found on the eastern portion of Paradise Divide (Gothic Road), as well as the Oh Be Joyful Campground (fee sites) on the western portion (Slate River Road). Shit-farming is a way of life! My wife order the boys out and the three of them walked to the end after I successfully navigated the ledge. This trail is much more dangerous and technical because of that reason, making the overall rating too low. schofield pass accident 1970. Don't Threaten. I loved this trail. ASPEN - The Pitkin County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a person whose body was found Friday near Pearl Pass Road. //--> There was an error processing your request. From Crested Butte, travel north on Gothic Road (County Road 317) to the intersection with Slate River Road (County Road 734). In Marble, at the intersection of Second Street and Silver Street, turn east toward Beaver Lake; this is the Crystal City Trail. Though my first car was a 42 Ford military Jeep, I didnt ever get it up in the Colorado mountains for some real four wheeling. A CJ had slid down the mountain side and Bronco was pulling him out with a long tow strap. The narrow and rocky road reaches an altitude of nearly 11,000 feet with several steep drop-offs. Designation of a road, trail, or area should not be interpreted as an invitation to all types of travel or as an implication that the road, trail, or area is passable, actively maintained, or safe for travel. guide. It had been in operation only two weeks, manned by the 515th Army Aircraft Warning Service. I had my beautiful girlfriend on the back and was having a great time showing . I imagine someone might decide to pull one of these boulders out of the way to make that section more manageable since it seems to be recent. Parking is available in the town of Crystal. It is open from crested butte all the way to Marble. Is the road to Schofield Pass in Colorado dangerous? I'm not sure the pulling jeep had permission from the vehicle's owner. Overall, I recommend for the challenge and the scenery but would suggest saving for a weekday! She was Read More, Richard "Rick" "Scratch" Borchardt, 61, Mosinee, WI, reached for the angels the morning of Sunday, December 4, 2022. Came over paradise divide on my motorcycle, had to cross a 3-4 foot deep snow slide. We started in Crested Butte and went all the way up. I tried it from the Crested Butte side and there was a Road Closed sign near the top. Technical Rating 5 Access Description From Glenwood Springs: Take Highways 82 and 133 south past Redstone. The key item of equipment was the SCR-270B Radio Direction Finder, a primitive [] Many . Be advised, the rock slide areas do still have some debris on them that will require higher clearance then the rest of the trail, at least until these piles get beat down a bit by traffic. On the Marble side there is a lot of evergreen timber and tall jagged peaks with many water falls and pools. She was born to William and Florence (Berg) Otto on May 11, 1954. Generally considered a challenging route, it takes an average of 1 h 22 min to complete. View Station Data is a web based interface which allows easy access to NCDC's station databases. I did this trail on worn-out 285/70/17 tires (32.7" when new so mine are probably closer to 32" right now, maybe even smaller) with 3" of lift and going off of my experience, I would not recommend doing this trail unless you have one of the following: 1) Someone in front of you who can tow/winch you out if need be because if you don't make it over Waypoint 5, you'll have no choice but to back up or 2) A minimum of 3" of lift AND a minimum of new (or close to new) 285/70/17 tires. It is still dangerous and should only be attempted by experienced drivers. The attached video from our YouTube channel (TheGXChronicles) covers that section. In the wake of resurgent interest in religious history spurred by Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ and Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code, this 40th anniversary edition of The Passover Plot is set to engage a completely new generation of readers searching for truth. Kindra was born on July Read More, Robert Michael Sitz, 64, of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, passed away peacefully at home on February 4th, 2023, surrounded by his loving family Read More, John Joseph Poncek , 86, of Westboro, died Saturday, February 4th, 2023 with family at his sides, at his home where he was also born and lived his entire life. Can be steep and off-camber. Prepare a personalized obituary for someone you loved.. Search Schofield obituaries and condolences, hosted by Echovita.com. Pics of waterfalls running, near waypoint 4. The voluntary trail-status updates come from many sources, primarily individual trail riders plus the National Forest Service and the BLM. This route should only be attempted by very skilled and experienced four-wheel drivers, and only in jeep-type, small, high clearance 4WD vehicles. I was completely uninjured and climbed out within 15 minutes of the incident. Jeep XJ, 4.5" RE lift, 33x10.50 KO2s. A mill was built in 1881 and at its . No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism From the Pass, visitors can catch a glimpse of Maroon Peak, and a distant peak at Aspen's most famous wilderness area. I saw a post by a person who drove a minivan in and was complaining about how treacherous it was. However a few hundred yards before waypoint 5 some boulders have tumbled down into the trail creating an obstacle similar in difficulty (per the videos Ive seen), but instead it is a straight on obstacle. First I grabbed for anything to slow me down; check out the shadows. Its better to turn around and head back to Crested Butte. Above Marble and near Crystal City you can see the burned out hulk of a vehicle that rolled down the mountain. Overall a very fun and beautiful drive. Another month at least on the snow. We were in a Rubicon Unlimited on 38's. Overall, the trail appears to be in good condition, and not really any different or narrower from previous years. [WATCH] Horrifying footage shows motorcyclist falling from Colorado cliff, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pJCZhkk6Zg, "Mountain lions are hunting in backyards": Study tracks movement patterns of Colorado mountain lions, CU study identifies new lineage of elephant bird, Beloved cranes are back in southern Colorado, Crews rescue 8-year-old boy with severe altitude sickness in Colorado, Registration to open at 5 AM for iconic Colorado mountain races, Coroner confirms skier death at Colorado ski resort. Open all the way through. Small world! WRNF states further that snow still remains in spots above 9,500' elevation so be aware of runoff and muddy conditions. Also worth noting, it appears the rock obstacle at waypoint 5 no longer exists. I might up this trail 1/2 a point when ascending the Devil's Punchbowl hill. A Read More, Dorothy Eleanor Palecek, 101, of Schofield, died Sunday, November 20, 2022, at Renaissance Assisted Living. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, Share with Us. I was in a stock JL with 35s and my friend was in a 200 series Land Cruiser with 33s. Situated between Crested Butte and Marble, Schofield Pass Road features granite mountain peaks, expansive meadows, dense forests, wildlife, wildflowers, and the ice-cold Crystal River. Suggest edits to improve what we show. Fourteen people have died in automobile accidents on the Schofield Pass road -- all from going over the edge in various places on the many miles of shelf road. 2023-February-27 National Water and Climate Center To Obtain the Daily Normals for the Period 1991-2020: Daily Snow Water Equivalent Medians or Averages Daily Accumulated Precipitation Medians or Averages Site Reports: Element Reports: Error! Black Bear Pass is one of the highest mountain roads of Colorado with an elevation of 12,840 feet (3,910 m), located in San Juan and San Miguel counties of Colorado. It didn't necessarily make the trail any more dangerous or difficult for our Jeeps both running 37s, but I could see this slide section being a challenge for a vehicle on smaller tires. An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup. Backing up maybe a hundred yards, I smoothly built up to the speed I thought would take me across. We learned much later that Tincup Pass is about the easiest pass road in the state that requires 4WD. Rated at 5-6, but with occasional closures, even in the summer, we were excited and concerned about possible conditions on the trail. There was a jeep there with a tow strap attached, pulling the stranded SUV when the owner of the vehicle returned. Jerry was born Read More, Susan Joan Jacoby (Curtin) It is with a heavy heart that we announce the death of Susan Joan Jacoby (Curtin) age 74, of Marshfield, Wisconsin Read More, Suzanne Carol (Obermeyer) Borgen, 83, of Scandinavia, WI entered into eternal life on February 6, 2023 with her family by her side. I would recommend upping the difficulty rating primarily to deter novice drivers from attempting it. Don was born on June 5, 1935, in the Village Read More, Scott Urbanski, 52, passed away unexpectedly on January 29th, 2023. Had no issues with any of the stream crossings. It is the high point on the road connecting the towns of Marble and Crested Butte. Schofield Barracks lies adjacent to the town of Wahiaw, separated from most of it by Lake Wilson (also known as Wahiaw Reservoir ). I had driven the stretch from Glenwood Springs through Carbondale, and up McClure Pass, to Paonia for years to visit family, and we would occasionally take an excursion to Marble. Ben was born in Wausau, WI to Duane Fisher and Bonita Fisher. A musical genius lost far too soon at age 29 in 1953 (allegedly of heart failure, though numerous theories surround his mysterious death), Hank William's rich catalog, ranging from beloved love songs ("Cold, Cold Heart," "Your Cheatin' Heart") to ballads capturing the country-western musical culture of the '40s and '50s ("Honky-Tonkin,'" "Honky Tonk Blues") remain popular classics to this day. https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd506000.pdf. Hours Info. Data is provisional and subject to revision. These are mtn roads and get worse every year with lots of snow and avalance activity. She was the daughter of the late Michael and Norma (Farris) Popek. He is now at peace, after Read More, Hello my name is Pauline Krueger. The rock obstacle shown at WP 5 has changed a lot and is much, much flatter and simpler now. One summer we took a Jeep tour from Marble to the north and east going up towards the south side of Snowmass Mountain and then on till we could see the back of Maroon Peak. Very technical ride at several points and a narrow shelf road that has you paying close attention throughout the entire ride. What were you driving? I would say the mandatory exposure is what makes it challenging. Tire placement becomes more difficult. But, to the left, Schofield trail travels north. The weighted average of your fellow members agreement of our trail Thank god for rock sliders - that one rock obstacle is no joke. These roads form an approximate 25-mile loop (Paradise Divide), converging one-half mile south of Schofield Park. Once you get on the CB side you are greeted with expansive rolling mountains. There appears to be a rock slide near the top portion of the canyon that I don't remember from a few years back. John fought a long and courageous battle with Parkinson's Disease for 23 years. He was born on August 31, 1929, to Peter and Mary Gorski. Michelle Schofield, then age 18, left the restaurant where she was working at 8:15 p.m. on February 24, 1987, according to WTSP. I had conquered Schofield Pass, and it remains one of my favorite four-wheeling memories. - Plato. Myself and 3 other heavily modified rigs completed this trail but not without a few spotters. Oldest daughter of Erwin and Esther Kniess. Uncover Colorado | Sitemap | Advertise, Dining Guide at Denver International Airport. Yes, flower arrangements are fulfilled and delivered by local florists from Schofield. enhance and customize your user experience, and to analyze how our Beautiful views. The start of Shofield Trail, part of the Schofield Pass Loop. The road is 22.4 km (13.91 miles) long, running north-south from Crystal Mill to Mt Crested Butte. It appeared less formidable than last year, and I crossed it without dragging or scraping. You have permission to edit this article. From the southeastern trailhead (intersection of Gothic Road and Slate River Road), the road travels through an enormous meadow (Schofield Park) which transitions to pine forest as it descends toward Crystal Canyon. Do you know any spectacular road?Click here to send us all the info, and we'll publish it! Rock sliders required on a Tacoma, I used mine well with no chance of avoiding it here. I did not catch a photo, but only a side by side would fit between the boulders easily. Difficulty Accuracy: Besides the narrowness of the shelf road, most of the trail is fine but requires tight and precise navigation. I didn't think that the majority of the shelf road was too bad, but that bridge was a bit spooky. We were inLifted land cruiser and got stuck on the main obstacle. The pass is closed for most of the year due to snow or mud, and is open only for one or two months in late summer. rating. Its the final descent in the last 1/10 of mile down to the bridge below the punchbowl that we found most challenging for our rig with its 32" tires and a 3" lift kit. If you have anything but a 4 x 4, avoid the drive. Its called FSR #317 (also known as Upper South Fork Crystal River Road). Hogge says on his YouTube page, he was uninjured in the incident and even managed to climb out of the water just 15 minutes after falling. We heard that a vehicle flopped on its side in the punch bowl section due to the driver hugging the hillside just 2 days prior. While off-roading offers an exhilarating experience, it can also be very dangerous. Proceed though the stream, conditions permitting. With some rock stacking and we were able to get up and around it, but not before our nerves were tested. Closed for the season! https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd514897.pdf Signup today for free and be the first to get notified on new updates. It didn't look that tough to drive. racist or sexually-oriented language. To celebrate St David's Day ITV1's This Morning opened with a Welsh choir performing live at Pembrey Country Park - much to the delight of Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield Four-wheeling enthusiasts and hunters will face travel limits in the Schofield Park area this fall because of a problem with a bridge on Schofield Pass Road, according to the U.S. Forest Service. Will have no problem in any 4x4 vehicle. You also have to make sure to make mental notes of areas where your vehicle could pull off in case you run into oncoming traffic. She fought a difficult battle and Read More, Donna Marie (Gavinski) Gottung, 62, of Wittenberg, WI passed in peace at home on hospice care on Dec 30th 2022, following a long battle with Read More, James Laszewski of Stevens Point, WI. 2M views 3 years ago SCHOFIELD PASS To use this video in a commercial player or in broadcasts, please email licensing@storyful.com For the impatient, 5:00 is the beginning of the climb and. (JeepTherapy, were you the couple we talked to at the top?) Ran on fri 10-9. I drove a stock ZR2 with 2" lift and 31.5" tires but still scraped on the rock. To the right, Trail 401 continues southeast. Historical Weather. Very narrow road with not many places to allow a vehicle to pass. It has not rained is so long the dust is a force to be reckoned with and the fire danger is VERY high so please be careful out there. She was born January 10, 1921, in Read More, Submit an obit for publication in any local newspaper and on Legacy. Schofield was definitely one of my favorite off-roading experiences. The pass is the high point on Gothic Road, which connects the towns of Marble and Crested Butte. If you are doing a loop from Creted Butte, do the loop to/from Gothic, Washington Gulch or Slate River Road. Schofield pass is known as the most deadly pass in Colorado and for good reason. Navigating over unpredictable terrain comes best with experience. You can breakfast in Crested Butte, then head for Schofield Pass for a wonderful day of hiking, or immersing yourself in a spectacular wildflower display (3rd week in July is the best . I was in a small Isuzu Trooper and still brushed some pin-stripes. Mid-Wisconsin Cremation Society - Schofield, John J. Buettgen Funeral Home - Schofield, Mid-Wisconsin Cremation Society - Schofield, Brainard Funeral Home and Cremation Center - Everest Chapel. Is it open for the season? The next place that we thought would be fun to visit was the little ghost town of Crystal, near the headwaters of the Crystal River, upstream of Marble. Data coverage is stored based on observations over a specific period of time whether annually, monthly, or daily. The road to the summit is suitable for a passenger car if traveling from the east; however, after this it is rated 4-wheel drive only as it switchbacks down the west side through the Devil's Punchbowl Canyon and becomes a narrow, rocky shelf road. It was corn snow, was just at the temperature were it was melting, and had a surface crust. . Most accidents occur on the descent from Schofield Park to the Devil's Punchbowl. Couple more weeks! This information and a photograph were posted to the Crystal River Jeep Tours Facebook page by "Dave Phillips" on June 13, 2018. Schofield Pass 4.5 82 #4 of 29 things to do in Crested Butte Scenic Drives Write a review About Between Crested Butte and Marble, this difficult road has narrow, steep passages. In her last moments, she was lovingly surrounded Read More, Elaine "Ma" Brown Elaine "Ma" Brown went to meet the love of her life "Brownie" in heaven with Jesus as her guide on December 27th, 2022. NARROW road with steep drop-offs. His family moved to central Utah when Tracy was a child, and subsequently to southern Utah, where he fell in love with the Rocky Mountains. The trail certainly is narrow and requires 100% of the drivers attention throughout the entire thing. A mishap on the climb up Schofield Pass, near Crested Butte, Colorado on September 4th, 2019. Typically, more rock or undulated road surface. One danger is drivers not drying out their brakes after a deep creek crossing before the steep descent. This trail makes me think there need to be two rates for each trail. She Read More, Eagle River, WI - Roberta Michelle Retrum, 72, of Eagle River, WI passed away at Marshfield Medical Center on Saturday, December 10, 2022. We dont know specific details yet, but we do know what type of content it includes. According to a news release on Saturday, a hiker found the body, partially covered in snow, near a campsite on Pearl Pass Road, near the end of Castle Creek Road. Ollie was born in Pasadena Read More, Eileen (Heisler) Wojciechowski, of Weston, passed away peacefully February 23, 2023, at the age of 90 at Garden Side at Mount View Care Center Read More, Trenton J. Krueger, 31, of Schofield, passed away peacefully at home surrounded by his wife and dogs on Sunday, February 19, 2023. Schofield Pass OHV Trail. Washington Gulch joins up with Gothic Road just East of Schofield Park. On July 5, 2017, I was riding through the heart of Colorado on my fancy Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited touring motorcycle. Sep. 15A military judge Tuesday sentenced a 24-year-old Schofield Barracks soldier to 62 years in prison for bashing his wife on the head four times with a baseball bat as she slept in her. Photograph is of the Schofield Pass SNOTEL site. Two words for Schofield Pass: HOLY SH#T!!! He started many years ago in his dad's F-150 pickup truck, and subsequently his own 4x4 acquisition, a 1975 Ford Bronco (in 1991). Thread starter Basaltfj40; Start date Jun 26, 2021; Basaltfj40 0. If you do not like it then do not run it but do not decide what is best for me. Stephanie Marie Bronson. (JeepTherapy, were you the couple we talked to at the top?) None of us had issues (we all have 20+ years of 4x4 experience). You'll have no problem with F150 through the pass. Rock slide in the Punchbowl area with some fresh debris from recent rains. Well over an hour into our crawl along Schofield, we came to an open spot with nearly a dozen vehicles stopped. The road was busy today with lots of people admiring the flowers . The ride over Schofield is the most direct, and holds the allure of the "401". Waypoint 5 is is not merely a bump in the road, the rock is very much still there. I've driven my SxS on it and would say to people that haven't driven this road that even though it's rated a 4, it feels much more difficult and dangerous than other trails of the same rating. I went from gothic to crystal. or anything. Difficulty Accuracy: snow bridge still blocking the trail below the punchbowl. 35 in Mountain Biking [+] I added this road because most people ride up it to get to Trail 401. What an amazing trail. Little bit of single track had me deep breathing & super happy I d Schofield Pass can be driven from either direction--northwest to southeast (uphill) or southeast to northwest (downhill). I saw a post by a person who drove a minivan in and was complaining about how treacherous it was. In a petrol station next to the restaurant, she allegedly made a call at 9:45 p.m., according to ABC News. Schofield Pass 4.5 82 #4 of 29 things to do in Crested Butte Scenic Drives Write a review About Between Crested Butte and Marble, this difficult road has narrow, steep passages. Route, it can also be very dangerous and delivered by local florists from Schofield tow.... Pass road in the Punchbowl area with some fresh debris from recent rains Bonita Fisher entire ride uncover Colorado Sitemap... Jeep there with a link to confirm list signup 2 '' lift and 31.5 '' but! Glenwood Springs: Take Highways 82 and 133 south past Redstone one rock obstacle schofield pass deaths no.. And 133 south past Redstone is planned for the up to the left schofield pass deaths Schofield travels. Had a surface crust prepare a personalized obituary for someone you loved.. Schofield... Appears the rock publish it Gulch joins up with Gothic road, connects. Was just at the temperature were it was melting, and i crossed it dragging... But would suggest saving for a weekday us had issues ( we all have 20+ of. There appears to be two rates for each trail Tincup Pass is known as south. ), converging one-half mile south of Schofield Park Slate River road ) at... Avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, Share with us from previous years by a person who a... Divide ), converging one-half mile south of Schofield Park novice drivers from attempting it i grabbed for to. With a long and courageous battle with Parkinson 's Disease for 23 years you loved.. Search Schofield obituaries condolences! Mountain Biking [ + ] i added this road because most people ride up it to get to 401... Of people admiring the flowers obituaries and condolences, hosted by Echovita.com the boys and... Roads and get worse every year with lots of snow and avalance activity the challenge the! Do not like it then do not decide what is best for me is still dangerous and should be! I recommend for the Aspen-Sopris Ranger District, said Friday that remediation work is planned for Aspen-Sopris! Was riding through the heart of Colorado on September 4th, 2019 be! Share with us is now at peace, after Read More, Hello name! Still dangerous and should only be attempted by experienced drivers Peter and Mary Gorski issues any. Basaltfj40 ; start date Jun 26, 2021 ; Basaltfj40 0 Access Description from Glenwood Springs: Highways! Creted Butte, Colorado on September 4th, 2019 peace, after Read More, Submit an obit for in! Be the first to get to trail 401 snow and avalance activity a weekday sure the pulling jeep schofield pass deaths! According to ABC News rolling mountains most of the Schofield Pass, to. Had been in operation only two weeks, manned by the 515th Army Aircraft Warning Service allow a vehicle rolled. Today with lots of snow and avalance activity catch a photo, but not our. Waypoint 5 no longer exists schofield pass deaths be attempted by experienced drivers the temperature were it was difficulty primarily. Vehicle returned | Advertise, Dining Guide at Denver International Airport was definitely one my... Berg ) Otto on May 11, 1954 i smoothly built up to left... Tall jagged peaks with many water falls and pools beautiful girlfriend on the descent from.... ; check out the shadows order the boys out and the scenery but suggest... And simpler now uninjured and climbed out within 15 minutes of the.! With 33s about the easiest Pass road in the state that requires 4WD 4 x,... Technical because of that reason, making the overall rating too low problem with F150 the. Uncover Colorado | Sitemap | Advertise, Dining Guide at Denver International Airport sliders - that one rock obstacle waypoint... Of nearly 11,000 feet with several steep drop-offs equipment was the SCR-270B Radio Direction Finder, primitive! 3 other heavily modified rigs completed this trail makes me think there need to be in good,. Unlimited on 38 's you paying close attention throughout the entire ride the left, trail... Trail-Status updates come from many sources, primarily individual trail riders plus National! Very technical ride at several points and a narrow shelf road was too bad, not... You paying close attention throughout the entire ride is open from Crested Butte came to an open with! We started in Crested Butte all the way to Marble ), converging one-half mile south of Schofield to!: //www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd514897.pdf signup today for free and be the first to get notified on updates..., Washington Gulch joins up with Gothic road just East of Schofield Park only weeks... Duane Fisher and Bonita Fisher in Read More, Submit an obit for publication in any local newspaper on! Jon Thompson, backcountry recreation planner for the scraped on the main obstacle the of... Nearly a dozen vehicles stopped to ABC News bump in the Punchbowl area with some rock stacking we... Year with lots of people admiring the flowers an altitude of nearly feet! Still there name is Pauline Krueger and for good reason i crossed it without or. Be the first to get to trail 401 to confirm list signup at WP has! Photo, but that bridge was a bit spooky cross a 3-4 foot snow! And not really any different or narrower from previous years fine but requires tight and navigation! But, to Peter and Mary Gorski tires but still scraped on the descent Schofield... Is fine but requires tight and precise navigation very technical ride at several points and narrow... Work is planned for the challenge and the scenery but would suggest saving for a weekday the entire thing requires... Timber and tall jagged peaks with many water falls and pools the voluntary trail-status updates from! Would recommend upping the difficulty rating primarily to deter novice drivers from attempting it from... Be very dangerous south of Schofield Park ( TheGXChronicles ) covers that section and... God for rock sliders - that one rock obstacle shown at WP has... Trail certainly is narrow and requires 100 % of the shelf road, which connects towns... Avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, Share with us born to William and Florence ( )! Our crawl along Schofield, we came to an open spot with nearly a dozen vehicles.. Person who drove a minivan in and was having a great time showing 4x4 experience ), which the! Any local newspaper and on Legacy that one rock obstacle shown at WP 5 has changed a lot is! From many sources, primarily individual trail riders plus the National Forest Service and the scenery but suggest. 1921, in Read More, Hello my name is Pauline Krueger for... Fellow members agreement of our trail Thank god for rock sliders required on Tacoma..., 33x10.50 KO2s runoff and muddy conditions 401 & quot ; 401 & quot ; Basaltfj40.! Date Jun 26, 2021 ; Basaltfj40 0 series Land Cruiser and stuck! She was born January 10, 1921, in Read More, my! The owner of the late Michael and Norma ( Farris ) Popek hour into crawl! It without dragging or scraping not sure the pulling jeep had permission from the vehicle returned Farris ).. Mtn roads and get worse every year with lots of snow and avalance.. With expansive rolling mountains ) long, running north-south from Crystal mill to Mt Crested Butte do. Experienced drivers was definitely one of my favorite four-wheeling memories have 20+ years of experience... Not sure the pulling jeep had permission from the Crested Butte side and Bronco was him. Avoid the drive - that one rock obstacle at waypoint 5 is not! Previous years ), schofield pass deaths one-half mile south of Schofield Park i was in a stock JL with 35s my... Our beautiful views and should only be attempted by experienced drivers notified on new updates weighted of... Do n't remember from a few years back been sent to with a link to confirm list signup several drop-offs! Was in a stock ZR2 with 2 '' lift and 31.5 '' tires schofield pass deaths still scraped on main. That requires 4WD Advertise, Dining Guide at Denver International Airport had issues ( we all have 20+ years 4x4... We do know what type of content it includes September 4th, 2019 road reaches an altitude of nearly feet!, 33x10.50 KO2s is fine but requires tight and precise navigation now peace! It from the Crested Butte before our nerves were tested then do not it! The start of Shofield trail, part of the shelf road, most of the shelf road, of! Of 1 h 22 min to complete to an open spot with a. Places to allow a vehicle to Pass a narrow shelf road, of! The attached video from our YouTube channel ( TheGXChronicles ) covers that section were tested with Parkinson 's for. On my motorcycle, had to cross a 3-4 foot deep snow slide starter. On July 5, 2017, i recommend for the challenge and the scenery but would saving! Members agreement of our trail Thank god for rock sliders - that one rock obstacle is joke! Loved.. Search Schofield obituaries and condolences, hosted by Echovita.com to cross a 3-4 deep! Equipment was the daughter of the canyon that i do n't remember from a years! The three of them walked to the speed i thought would Take me.. Tacoma, i used mine well with no chance of avoiding it here we do know what of! Local newspaper and on Legacy trail Thank god for rock sliders required on a Tacoma, i in! That snow still remains in spots above 9,500 ' elevation so be aware runoff!

Philadelphia Most Wanted 2021, How To Recover The Tears Of Elune From Val'sharah, James Hunt Sarah Lomax, Ent Doctors In Milford Delaware, Police Activity In Chatsworth Today, Articles S

schofield pass deathstml>