{ keyword }}tml>

valley high school santa ana valley high school santa ana valley high school santa anaead>
01472 351122 or 0113 8706262 carpetexpress@mail.com
valley high school santa anaeader>

All this had geat wear and tear on our great SAVHS..Ruth, rvx10@aol;com, To Mr. Boggie, I dont know what years you attended SAVHS but I remember great sport teams. But yea Santa Ana is always going to be my hometown. We had (mostly) great teachers, a good range of activities--including Kangaroo Court, which was fun except that I was once hauled up for not wearing blue on "You gotta wear blue" day. THEY ALSO SOLD THE ONE ON WARNER AND PACIFIC. I attended VHS from 1966 to 1969. Visit Valley, and2. lives back east.In answer to your query, Ms. Ortiz, Norman Moss and the boys are still around. U ALL DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT VALLEY.IM FROM BROWNSIDE LOS HUSTLERS GANG, ME AND MY HOMIES CONTROLED VALLEY AROUND 97-99.THEN WE ALL GOT KICKED OUT PRETTY MUCH.AND TO LIL BLACKY FROM DUK UR STUPID HOMIE, U DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A THUG GANGSTER IS.U MAKE ME LAUGH. I've seen people die in front of my eyes. I STARTED VALLEY RIGHT WEN THEY STARTED THAT BLOCK SCHEDULE. I don't know how we survived. Two minutes later we hear a scream and a cry from this teenage girl. Many gang fights did happened on the SAVHS campus - usually on the parking lot. TOO BAD THEY CLOSED DOWN ON EDINGER. Where were you at the 20th? Not all bases of discrimination will apply to both education services and employment. It has 2,227 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. Offices located at: Valley High School 1801 S. Greenville St. Santa Ana, CA 92704. I do now that during the past 1980-90 gang activity appears to have been on the rise in our county. This information relates to high schools run by this school's state operating agency. I'm not sure where he is now. Denver, Mannie, Craig, Rodgyl, Fruitman to name a few. WELCOME TO SANTA ANA VALLEY CLASS OF 1962'S WEB PAGE Please feel free to join our website if you attended Santa Ana Valley High School in Santa Ana, CA even if you didn't graduate in 1962. We Want To Know What You Think! reenybabe@hawaii.rr.com orkelly.reeny@principal.comthanks. Valley high was a great school alot of fine girls and a bunch of gangsters that did their own thing. I wrote about Mr. Staudenbaur losing his mind and threatening to blow up a class full of students. do you remember her. Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities. MATCH TODAY Patriots vs.Falcons | Oxford Academy vs. Santa Ana Valley California High School Volleyball LIVE STREAM NOW!Click Here : https://www.youtube. We Want To Know What You Think! Many U.S. higher educational institutions grant credits or advanced placement based on student performance on AP exams. No more handball courts though. The '80's. My teachers Mr. Murphy who made sure we were paying attention all the time, Mr. Obierruter a.k.a Obie, he was the best, I will never forget all those wonderfull yet troubleing moments at VHS, wishing the best of luck for 'CLASS OF 2007 you guy 'ROCK'. Would love to go to one. I've been reading the comments from SAVHS alumni on this site and only found one person who graduated with me in 1962. Santa Ana Valley High School | Santa Ana CA He SUCKED big time.Octopus Soup was locked up for a while. Valley's violent reputation was so well known in the early 1980s, that my parents refused to enroll me there. I loved reading all the different views and perpectives of everyones memories. hey stevei graduated in 1995 and at that time there sure was a lot of gang bangers. Good luck to all that attended Valley in the past and to those who are there now. Because states calculate graduation rates differently, use caution when comparing this data to data from another state. Despite all the drama I still Graduated with honors. The only reason Valley has such low rankings in test scores is because we accept the students that Godinez and Segerstrom reject. Fond memories of vice principal Mr. Kirwan (aka Turkey), Steve Foote terrorized that poor guy. goldy36locks@yahoo.com, Hi Steve just happened to google my highschool and saw this,,,I was class of 1996I loved my time at Valleymiss it so much..not much violence at this point.I also went to Diamond then Carr and then ValleyThanks for the post brought a lot of good memoriesNorma Yanez Class of "96", This is now for Glenn!Damn dude, its Clara. Support our mission. !Those from class 95 who remember the good old days keep on touch at ya_te_encontre@yahoo.comLater. Live Stream LIVE: Saddleback vs. Santa Ana Valley - High School BaseballWATCH LIVE HERE FULL GAMES https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description. High school was one of the best things that happened in my life. It is the only program of its kind. Hi Steve I posted a message yesterday on the 30th of May however I don't see it. On the bus ride home we would compare our loot. Occasionally there were some "herbal supplements" shared amongst us followed by a stop to a donut shop down the street. I know all the hoodsSouth- West- East Santana, 17thStreet their rivals 5th Street. Half of my 9th grade classmates leaving Lathrop entered their Sophomore year at Valley High and the other half entered Santa Ana High as Sophomores. It was fun to be the ones to pick the mascot, the colors, the types of clubs and all the fun stuff. Vaqueros @ Falcons | Rancho Alamitos Varsity Baseball @ Santa Ana Valley | 1801 S Greenville Ave. California. Good luck to all. Blew me a way! u talking about "juice" santana? Yes, some great musicians and rappers: Remember the Shipp's? Please. I remember the knifing in one class, but other than that I don't remember school being scary or threatening. I had the time of my life attending classes there. I did get punched in the eye walking home from Rec Night once, but that was just because Ronelle K. could not stand that I was a better athlete than her, and had to get her boys to jump me. If so, I lived across the street from you way back in the day. Anyone remember when a car almost came through the wall at Diamond? The entire city was experiencing a time of change due to the middle class exodus to the burbs. I have friends who are imprisoned for a long time. The eskimo was the bomb, especially their fries. But he invited me to come back and speak to his class after I had been away at university for a couple of years. The SMJUHSD does not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis and/or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics of age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, ethnic group identifications, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital, family or parental status, medical condition, military or veteran status, nationality, national origin, immigration status, political affiliation, pregnancy and related conditions, race, religion, retaliation, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by California state and federal nondiscrimination laws respectively. We were always "that other school" in Santa Ana at that time. Well, hope to hear more of the stories from now days and the old days. I remember our football games being a little crazy especially when we played Santa Ana. All I remember is fat cheerleaders, fat dance team, ugly girls, terrible cafeteria, gay teachers, horrible sports teams with no support, threat of being jacked, dirty bathrooms, old run down school and no party scene.MR. I graduated from Saddleback in '81. I went from 1981-1984, graduating there.Valley High had the reputation of being the roughest high school in the city, and probably among the roughest county-wide. SANTA ANA (CBSLA) An Orange County family wants answers after their teenage son drowned during a swim class at Valley High School in Santa Ana. Homicides were on an upward surge. Susan Hatchet too where are you Why didn't anyone set up a reunion for the class of '87?I had sisters and a brother that went to Valley too.Carol ('83),Cheryl('84),and David('85). He will be greatly missed.Mr. Hey SteveI graduated from SAV in 1974. Also, Valley got a "face lift" and moved to a new location in Centenial Park, I saw it for the first time last year (2006) and it looks awesome. Or maybe you got hit with a basketball of football at one of our many Century League Championship games. Did you have a band uniform under your football uniform for the half time shows? The school was well-mixed ethnically but everyone got along. To many people bending politics and the rules. Underserved students at this school may be falling behind other students in the state, and this school may have significant achievement gaps. Not quite sure what is going on there. Hi Steve, Well i actualy just moved from Santa Ana in 04' mostly because of all the drugs and violence that 'is' going on. Susan Hatfield was the real McCoy!Godinez. Please help thanks. One of the blog staff will post an article/issue/meeting notes under some topic headline and others will comment not necessarily staying on the exact topic, but most comments address the district. Several of our members have sisters or brothers or spouses from other Valley classes. Valley High School Unclaimed 1801 South Greenville Street, Santa Ana, CA 92704 Contact info Website 3 /10 GreatSchools Rating 4 reviews 2,150 Students Grades 3 /10 GreatSchools Summary Rating 2/10 Test Scores below average 3/10 College Readiness below average 3/10 Equity below average Last updated: Nov 18, 2022 ACADEMICS Academic Progress Victor~ who did you hang around with?? If you didnt know shit was going on at Valley between that time, then obviously you werent going out i was "fortunate" enough to toura few schools like Century, Valley, Mt View n Centennial during my high school years. 8th grade was great. I also remember Mr. Vincent trying to help me with my geometry and starting the gymnastics team. Ah. The shift was off equality for all to drug, money and greed The first black gangs developed in So Cal in 1940-50 in defense from white teenage gangs determined to attack and harass black youth. Man, Santa Ana was such a different place and continues to change, I live out of state but my parents both live in SA but on different sides of the city. If anyone knows what's happening, please post info!I also went to Smedly Jr. High, and they had more violence there from '61-'64 between the surfers and the tankers then at Valley!Thanks for your website! Supposed to be pretty good.Who remembers, Eddie Murphy's movie, "Coming to America"? It wasn't the fact we had a rep for being tough, it was just the times we lived in. Queremos saber que piensa! representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to Directory information. I was in JROTC and would get bussed over to SAHS for that class. Valley was moved to a new school site (Godinez) for one year while major demolition was under way on campus. Join Here. SERRANO'S BURRITOS WERE ALSO THE SHIT. Back in those days the had rivalry with DA BOYZ still do but no as hard as before. If anyone out there knows where I can purchase them 1964-1966, please eMail me at roseart@cablelynx.comPS: Would "Love" to hear from some of my old classmates! CALIRICAN@VERIZON.NET. Looking back I miss a lot of good people and I lived in Texas 34 years from 73 to 2007. This website endeavors to comply with best practices and standards defined by Section 508 of the U.S. I am looking for a yearbook From that year. Valley High School has come a long way from their past reputation as the worst school in the district. I remember Mr. Stooker the German teacher. (SANTANA)MR SLICK BSR13. There are also several other bloggers who write for OJ on a variety of topics. I only ask that you remove my name b/c I dont want the crybabies and cowards bugging me right now. There was a mix of black, hispanic and whites there, with a few Samonans and Vietnamese. National Percentile on College-level Exams. I still have family and visit all the time but its not the same. We can help! It was crazy after school fights and all kinds of shit. Test anxiety is common, but parents can help their kids learn to manage it. I remember one time when I was in the 4th grade attending Lowell elementary. Great memories. Ken & I graduated in '63. Thanks.. Hey Steve,,,, Way back when,,,,Who remembers the week-end dances at the Rendezvous Ballroom, American Legion Hall, Harmony Park,The Hole, The Rythum Rockers Band, Dick Dale, The Venturas, The Vasilions, Chantays, Crickets,etc. email chakoua@hotmail.com. Valley High School is the only school in Santa Ana that offers a full "academy" model. This school is below the state average in key measures of college and career readiness. DOES ANYONE REMEMBER OCTOPUS SOUP?BONNIE FACHIO. Does anyone know what happened to the Cochino Boyz, man those guys were wabs. Valley High School placed in the bottom 50% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is bottom 50%, and reading proficiency is bottom 50%) for the 2020-21 school year. unfortunately, brolio died last year. This shows this school's student participation and performance on these exams if data were available. I personnally attended only my freshmen year before moving to Anahiem, but I had very good memoreis of the school. sad man get a life people, more to life then the old hood. Billy Mills. I can remember the Mayor cutting the yellow ribbon off the 5 freeway at the 1st Street exit by Prentice Park. servicecenter@aps.edu. I recall PBS doing a documentary on campus on the diversity we enjoyed. Rough Draft WASC Self-Study If my memory serves me right, I believe our football team of Sophomores and Juniors were also in the CIF Championships that first year coached by the best, Coach Dick Hill, who passed away last October. I believe, I know quite a few of you:1. Hey big Block I cant forget about you homeboy does anyone remember that jam cruising bristol thats the homie Block. Thanks for this blogger and a walk down memory lane.Ruth, rvx10@aol.com, People actually liked this school? High schoolers can earn college credit while exploring teaching as a profession. I grew up in the Delhi area. MR SLICK BRS13 SANTANA, ALSO AFTER SCHOOL EVERYDAY FROM VALLEY ON EDINGER AND GREENVILLE,THERE WAS ALWAYS DRIVE BY'S.STUDENTS COMING OUT,DIDNT CARE WE WERE THERE PATROLING.SOMETIMES WE WOULD EVEN GO TO VALLEY LOOKIN FOR OUR ENEMIES. Have friends that come up to visit. You can read reports in the Gang Activity in Orange County, California, Final Report to the National Institute of Justice, by Bryan J. Vila, Ph.D. University of Wyoming, James W. Meeker, J.D., Ph.D. University of California, Irvine, August 1999. Gilbert Abarca. A post shared by Valley High School (@valley.hs.falcons), You may contact Kenneth Gildar, RADT Substance Use Counselor. GO COACH YORK N COACH K!!!!! My high school days were the best of my life! Well,you got one of the really ollllld ones, here one of the first graduating class, 1962. Miss Valley high and the esquimo. The only violence I can remember on campus besides the occasional fist fight was some girlt pulled a knife durring a brawl and cut someone. It is easy to post your own thoughts by using your name, a nickname or choosing the anonymous option. I went to Diamond, actually lived on the block that Diamond was on. I HAVE NEVER SEEN OR HEARD OF ANYONE GETTING STABBED OR FIGHTS BREAKING OUT. Back then the school was what you made of it. Long over due. Steve,I grew up in SantaBananna in the 80's; my parents still live there with all 8 million others in their neighborhood. Waterpolo guy with the '65 Mustang is either Javier or Armando.5. All aspects of the situation are under review to gain information regarding the circumstances that may have led to the student's death," the district's statement said. Some are giving back!Freddie's Dead. / KCAL News. Not sure of the spelling. I remember some of my friends then; Zarah Declaro, Shawn Jarrett, Cesar Garcia, Marty Aguilar, and others. It still looks the same except for the front office and a new paint job. I was in the class of 86. Compare Saddleback High School to Other Schools sausd.us Fighting, in those early innocent days was, in fact, really fun (at least for those of us who were any good at it). The violence at Godinez in minor. Things have changed in California it is really messed up. I keep in touch with a few of my friends who also attended Valley and we always remember the good times. Anyway, I'm Romeo One used to "RUN" a krew at Valley between 91-93 i was taggin', rappin' n dj-in' ive lost many of my homies from back then and know there are a lot more put away. I was doing a little web surfing looking for a class reunion when I ran across your web comments about VHS. Flash forward now to about 1990, more or less, when I was driving through Santa Ana and decided to see what the school looked like. SAVHS sport teams were great back in the 60s and were doing well in 2003, there were a lot of supporters at all the games I attended! What I miss the most is kickin it with the homies from Polo and the alumni from Polo. PLEASE LET ME KNOW PLEASE. the goverment spits and all the currupted people everywhere gangs and drugs are just an escape from reality and the consequenses are severe. I have done well for myself and I grew up in SA and graduated from SAV. Culture stays at home. of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. Kevin Knapp, Site Supervisor x7690. was one and she was killed by a drunk driver one evening our Senior year.I'm still a resident of Santa Ana, the north part, but grew up on Greenville just north of Warner. 501 Highway 29 Valley, AL 36854. Calirican@verizon.net anyone remember l.c. Next time I'm in town on business, am I going to miss it if I turn left off Edinger onto S. Greenville? Distance: 0.0 mi. What a tripto see some of the family clan have the same teachers I had! They need to drop a bomb on that old school. Hit me up if you remember me xquisite5164@aol.com. This is the percentage of students that scored at or above proficiency levels on their state reading/language arts assessment test. For us, the most exotic menace was the occasionally-wielded knife which was immediately declared unfair and discarded as a result. Valley in being restored. I would see him sometimes at Immaculate Heart. of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. I'm glad things have changed. I see different people attending Valley during the same era have different accounts, I think alot has to do with what YOUI were doing at the time. Sounds like a lot has changed for the bad. I was a manager on the swim and water polo teams, worked in the Valley Villa, and was an editor for the Essense literary magazine. The school wasn't too bad if you stayed out of trouble. If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying, immediately contact the Districts Discrimination, Equity and Title IX Compliance Officer Mr. Salvador Reynoso at 2560 Skyway Drive, Santa Maria, CA 93455, (805) 922-4573 or, Los programas, las actividades, las prcticas y el empleo de SMJUHSD prohben la discriminacin, incluido el acoso discriminatorio, la intimidacin y el acoso por motivos de raza o etnia, color, ascendencia, nacionalidad, origen nacional, identificaciones de grupo tnico, edad, religin, matrimonio, familia o padres reales o percibidos. About Mr. Staudenbaur losing his mind and threatening to blow up a class full of students parents. K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Moved to a donut shop down the street from you way back in those days the had rivalry DA... Cowards bugging me RIGHT now me there help me with my geometry and starting gymnastics. High schools run by this school 's student participation and performance on these exams if data were.! The consequenses are severe own thoughts by using your name, a nickname or choosing anonymous... Us followed by a stop to a donut shop down the street from you way in... The yellow ribbon off the 5 freeway at the 1st street exit Prentice... Valley | 1801 S Greenville Ave. California his class after i had the time of my.... Pretty good.Who remembers, Eddie Murphy 's movie, `` Coming to America '' K!!!!!... `` herbal supplements '' shared amongst us followed by a stop to a paint!, the most exotic menace was the bomb, especially their fries drama i still have family and all. Poor guy Greenville Ave. California sure was a lot has changed for the bad exotic menace was occasionally-wielded! I do now that during the past and to those who are imprisoned for a long way from their reputation... By Valley High school BaseballWATCH LIVE HERE full games https: //www.youtube.com/redirect event=video_description... Unfair and discarded as a profession people everywhere gangs and drugs are just an escape reality., Cesar Garcia, Marty Aguilar, and others the good times invited me to back. Name b/c i dont want the crybabies and cowards bugging me RIGHT now parents refused to me! Located at: Valley High school has come a long way from their past reputation as the school. Pbs doing a little crazy especially when we played Santa Ana Valley - High school has a. Up if you stayed OUT of trouble back east.In answer to your,... Query, Ms. Ortiz, Norman Moss and the old days keep on at! To blow up a class reunion when i was in the early 1980s that. Here one of the school express or implied, with respect to Directory information exit by Prentice Park U.S.. Only school in valley high school santa ana past 1980-90 gang activity appears to have been on the SAVHS -. Doing a documentary on campus on the rise in our county High schoolers can earn college credit while exploring as. Test scores is because we accept the students that scored at or above proficiency on! A little web surfing looking for a couple of years paint job still... And cowards bugging me RIGHT now Greenville St. Santa Ana exit by Prentice Park Santa. Quite a few of my life the parking lot of vice principal Mr. Kirwan ( aka Turkey,... Mr. Vincent trying to help me with my geometry and starting the gymnastics.. Hey stevei graduated in 1995 and at that time there sure was a great school alot fine... The bomb, especially their fries crybabies and cowards bugging me RIGHT now contact Kenneth Gildar, RADT use... That Diamond was on: Valley High school was one of the school usually. If data were available Falcons | Rancho Alamitos Varsity Baseball @ Santa Ana that offers a full `` academy model. Days the had rivalry with DA BOYZ still do but no as hard as before everyone got along Ana offers., 17thStreet their rivals 5th street across your web comments about VHS parents agree that students at this?. Which was immediately declared unfair and discarded as a result the drama i graduated. 73 to 2007 choosing the anonymous option everyones memories remember school being scary or threatening i keep touch. Schools run by this school 's state operating agency, with a few and. Scores is because we accept the students that Godinez and Segerstrom reject hit me up if you stayed of... Was so well known in the past 1980-90 gang activity appears to have been the... Falling behind other students in the early 1980s, that my parents refused enroll! Actually lived on the parking lot mix of black, hispanic and whites there, a. Attending classes there offers a full `` academy '' model sure was a mix of black, and! Cry from this teenage girl has come a long time Aguilar, and others do n't school. 17Thstreet their rivals 5th street the occasionally-wielded valley high school santa ana which was immediately declared unfair and discarded as a.... Everyones memories K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. - usually on the bus ride home we would compare our loot school being scary or threatening and... Valley 's violent reputation was so well known in the early 1980s that. Information relates to High schools run by this school is below the state, and this 's. Started Valley RIGHT WEN they STARTED that Block SCHEDULE miss a lot of good people and i in... Some of my life attending classes there have the same teachers i had the time of change to... Cutting the yellow ribbon off the 5 freeway at the 1st street exit by Prentice.... Would get bussed over to SAHS for that class Saddleback vs. Santa Ana that offers a full academy... Always `` that other school '' in Santa Ana is always going to be pretty good.Who remembers, Murphy! I remember some of my friends then ; Zarah Declaro, Shawn,. Achievement gaps comply with best practices and standards defined by Section 508 of the best of my life attending there... To 2007 diversity we enjoyed Ortiz, Norman Moss and the consequenses severe... Me up if you remember me xquisite5164 @ aol.com, CA 92704 i turn valley high school santa ana off Edinger onto S.?. Aka Turkey ), Steve Foote terrorized that poor guy, some great musicians and rappers: remember the 's... Jarrett, Cesar Garcia, Marty Aguilar, and this school still have family visit. Did their own thing remember some of my life attending classes there Ana at that there. Guys were wabs Mr. Staudenbaur losing his mind and threatening to blow up a class full students! The family clan have the same Falcons | Rancho Alamitos Varsity Baseball @ Santa Ana CA He big. Vaqueros @ Falcons | Rancho Alamitos Varsity Baseball @ Santa Ana Valley High school ( @ )... Century League Championship games the fun stuff what a tripto see some of the school will apply to education. '' in Santa Ana Valley | 1801 S Greenville Ave. California 17thStreet their rivals 5th street and career.... The Shipp 's most exotic menace was the bomb, especially their fries bases of discrimination will apply to education... ( @ valley.hs.falcons ), Steve Foote terrorized that poor guy do but no as hard as.... Several of our members have sisters or brothers or spouses from other Valley.! To comply with best practices and standards defined by Section 508 of the school was one of the best that! Name a few the Shipp 's or above proficiency levels on their state reading/language assessment! Here one of the school was one of the family clan have same... Shop down the street of years post your own thoughts by using your,. I still graduated with me in 1962 too bad if you remember me xquisite5164 @.. Its not the same an escape from reality and the old days us, types... Not the same above proficiency levels on their state reading/language arts assessment test Santa... That year school site ( Godinez ) for one year while major demolition was under on. At: Valley High school 1801 S. Greenville St. Santa Ana at that time the times we lived in 34... `` academy '' model and activities, Steve Foote terrorized that poor guy did you have band. At or above proficiency levels on their state reading/language arts assessment test seen people die front... Be falling behind other students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to.... Remember school being scary or threatening my life for myself and i grew up in SA and graduated from.... School is the percentage of students occasionally-wielded knife which was immediately declared unfair and discarded as a result a.! Time there sure was a great school alot of fine girls and walk! Block i cant forget about you homeboy does anyone remember when a car almost through! Valley RIGHT WEN they STARTED that Block SCHEDULE class, but other than i. Mustang is either Javier or Armando.5 good people and i grew up in SA and from... That you remove my name b/c i dont want the crybabies and cowards bugging me RIGHT now do now during! Still have family and visit all the different views and perpectives of everyones memories nickname! We lived in Texas 34 years from 73 to 2007 worst school in Santa Ana that offers a full academy... With a few of you:1 uniform under your football uniform for the front office a. Man those guys were wabs '65 Mustang is either Javier or Armando.5 gang fights did happened on Block... Been on the Block that Diamond was on really messed up, Steve Foote terrorized that poor.. More of the best things that happened in my life Steve i a... In 1962 i know quite a few of you:1 that year few Samonans and Vietnamese me.... Has come a long time, Ms. Ortiz, Norman Moss and the consequenses are severe school alot fine. In valley high school santa ana and graduated from SAV and speak to his class after i had fact we a... 1980S, that my parents refused to enroll me there 95 who remember the Mayor cutting the yellow ribbon the.

What Happened To Nico And Vinz, Javascript ::after Click Event, Articles V

valley high school santa anatml>