{ keyword }}tml>

places to eat downtown brenham places to eat downtown brenham places to eat downtown brenhamead>
01472 351122 or 0113 8706262 carpetexpress@mail.com
places to eat downtown brenhameader>

The town was founded in 1835 and was home to Sam Houston and his family in the 1850s. The bread was very yummy and all the ingredients. Yum! Feed and pet alpacas at the Peeka Ranch alpaca farm near Burton, just 15 miles west of downtown Brenham. The Barnhill Center at Historic Simon Theatre In the heart of downtown Brenham, Must Be Heaven Sandwich Shoppe is a local favorite for its delicious food and welcoming atmosphere. You can see more things to do here. We are a family restaurant, so we pay attention to all the details to make you feel at home. (979) 830-8358, Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site Blue Bell Creameries is a Texas institution. There are many things to see outside the factory too. It was originally settled by German immigrants who came to Central Texas after the German Revolution in the 1850s. Dr. W.W. ODonnell Performing Arts Center With its small-town nostalgia and friendly atmosphere, downtown Brenham is the perfect place to spend a day exploring. In front of the museum, in a glass-enclosed building, you can see a historic horse-drawn steamer the very first of its kind. When Giddings helped build the Washington County Railroad as a connection between Houston and Texas Central Station in Hempstead. Posted on Last updated: November 10, 2022. Because of its location in East-Central Texas, Brenham can also be easily reached from San Antonio and Austin. Here you will best results of best place . Two days after John Elford sold his Burton farm in 2016, he saw the historic Brenham building being torn down. Located near Washington-on-Brazos state historic site, the Barrington living history farm and Plantation is a great place to learn about early homesteading life. At the museum, you can see furniture, old photographs, and tools among other things. Best Restaurants in Brenham, TX. Looking to expand your search outside of Brenham? The food is very good. There are many historic sites in Independence. The alpaca farm has over 100 alpacas and is a great place to know more about the animals. I ate their blackened pork chops while my friend had the chicken fried steak. Our staff is dedicated to providing the best Tacos & Burgers around. However, the factory is located outside Downtown Brenham and you are missing out on a lot if you dont check out Main Street. . This is when the wildflowers bloom in Texas and Brenham holds its annual bluebonnet festival. Open for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Visitors are encouraged to help drive oxen, plant or harvest crops, or make soap for a more immersive experience. It took a little bit longer than I expected to get my order but it was worth the wait. TABU features your favorite tacos like grilled shrimp and mahi-mahi but also whips up our own specialty tacos like the famous Rib and Mac Taco - maple bourbon pork rib piled high with spicy Mac & Cheese on a warm tortilla. Most of the eateries are located around the Historic Downtown and Main Street. It is a shoppers paradise on the wall. Boating, fishing, swimming, and water skiing are popular activities for those who want to get in the lake. The service Got me sam fich and sam them dare nugget for my nefoo. We usually stop in many antique stores while in town. / Restaurant, Pub & bar, Italian, Chinese, substantiate this -- I only speculate): 1) The, variety, and serve Blue Bell ice cream in their shakes like a, Get off the square and come here on a cold winters night. of Texas in summer, having no working AC made for a sweaty experience.Definitely would come again, but maybe in the winter. Got beautiful pictures of bluebonnets that you would love to share? 113 West Alamo Handmade Texas art in a historic train depot! Four years later, they have a success story and a mission. You won't want to miss their daily specials, especially their hamburgers. Food is served hot , delicious and We just bought a house in the area and came here for our first time. SOLD FEB 17, 2023. Independence Coffee Co. and Black Truck '48 Coffee & Tea Market. My favorite is the Alamo Alley located right behind the Book Nook. Ft. 308 E Lubbock St, Brenham, TX 77833. I've been 15 20 times. Powered by. There are many amazing things to do in Brenham for all types of visitors. It was phenomenal - best I've ever had. See all Texas Seafood & SteakHouse-Brenham reviews. In Brenham, you can find a classic mix of Southern cuisine and German dishes. Brenham also makes a weird bbq claim, the worlds largest bbq pit which can smoke 4 tons of meat is located here. The promotion, now in its 19th . I found Pioneer Smokehouse on Google Maps and my wife and I decided to try them A family favorite. Check out our location and hours, and latest menu with photos and reviews. We offer the best Mexican food with steaks, seafood, fajitas, enchiladas, tacos and more. This location graciously allowed us to bring a large group of teenagers and parents for a late dinner after our event, and the food came out pretty quickly 5 in our party, each ordering footlong sandwiches. The park has many sports facilities including as well as an amphitheater. It is free to visit and family-friendly, making it an instant hit for families with kids. "It's a hip little place to grab a bite to eat right in the heart of downtown Brenham." See all TABU Tacos & Burgers reviews. The museum is a great place to learn about the fire fighting department of Brenham. Lone Star Southern Grill 2120 Highway 290 West, Brenham, Texas 77833 | (979) 836-7990 | Website Servin' up Texas-Style favorites deep-in-the-heart of Brenham, Texas. Another great stop is Tegg Art Studio on Alamo Street. The Texas Hill Country is famous for its wineries and many of them extend as far east as Brenham. boy that fich just finger looking good. I personally enjoy Today & Yesterday, Jims Wims, and Hermann. They also often have food trucks parked outside the restaurant and are kid-friendly during the day. Ant Street Inn is open Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun. Texas. This beautiful garden is a part-nursery, part-private garden and best of all is that it is free to enter! Food trucks in. Steaks, seafood, great salads, great burgers. And all of this isin Brenham and around the county. Visit the Texas Cotton Gin Museum in Burton, home to the oldest operating cotton gin in the United States. Canoe and kayak rentals are available at Nails Creek State Park and Birch Creek State Park, both of which reside on the shores of the lake. Brenham is famous for the Texan barbeque cuisine. Escape to the great outdoors at the scenic Lake Somerville State Park, a major recreational area that features 20 miles of hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding trails; volleyball and basketball courts; and camping areas. Nathans is the oldest while LJs is the newest. Bluebonnets are Beginning to Show Up Around Brenham. This museum has the honor of being the oldest operating cotton gin in the country. , the owner is so great to work with and helped solve some of our logistic problems in getting things done. 1. This restaurant serves smothered prime rib burrito, boneless buffalo chicken salad, loaded boneless wings, grilled chicken sandwich, fresco salad, carnitas tacos, and original. The line progressed quickly. The place didn't look promising on the We tried this out for the first time today. International favorites like pupusas and street tacos are paired with upscale fare like Chilean sea bass to create a diverse menu that will please anyone. See all Andrea's Taco Shop reviews, "Stopped here for the 1st time, on the way home from Round Top, after reading Yelp reviews of the Mexican restaurants in the area." Check out Ballad of the BIrd for unique home goods. We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. 307 S. Park, This casual shop has a lot going for it: artisan leather goods, jewelry, clothing and more are handpicked by married owners Jared Anderson and Kathleen Matthews. The Antique Rose Emporium located near Independence, Texas is an essential stop while visiting Brenham. Any piece in the gallery is available for purchase. Are you also planning a visit for the next bluebonnet season? It is tranquil and one of the best places to experience the Texas countryside, especially during bluebonnet season. Along the trail, you can see many paintings depicting how the area would have looked in the early nineteenth century when a ferry was used to cross the river and trade with the territory of Louisiana. The signs are very not easy to see and we passed it. Experience life in the 1850s at the Barrington Living History Farm, a homestead that belonged to the last president of Texas, Dr. Anson Jones. This boutique hotel is one of Brenhams gems and has a lot of history. $179,000 Last Sold Price. 3. Along with the many murals, you will also find sculptures and other public art projects all over the town. It was delicious and the young man that served us did a excellent job. They recently opened a local coffee shop, Mescalito, and turned the back room into a barber shop. Wellen Park designed for outdoor events. The park is located in the middle of Brenham and is a great excursion into the citys past. In fact, the city makes a great spring break destination for families. 2250 Dillard Road Burton Short Stop Convenience store, restaurant, and gas station all in one in Burton! I had the veggie bowl with steamed rice and it was awesome! Yelp users havent asked any questions yet about Ant Street Inn. Casual dining in historic building with gorgeous 1880s bar. Some of the historic buildings in Brenham include Bassett and Bassett Banking House, Santa Fe Freight Depot, Washington County Courthouse, US Post Office building, and the Brenham Opera House. Here are some of our favorite things to do in Brenham on your first visit. Brenham, TX 77833 Unique antique shops, art galleries, a plethora of large colorful outdoor murals, and a tantalizing selection of restaurants occupy the charming historic buildings that line bustling Downtown Brenham HistoricDistrict. Unfortunately, the church was destroyed during the great storm of the 1900's, leaving the sturdy lime stone steps behind - steps that continue to greet visitors today. Yumm! Brandon was very helpful when trying to find where to buy the game cards. Make sure to grab either a piece of pie or one of their homemade cookies on your way out. We loved the beer hall and backyard with picnic tables and games for kids. There are many best place to eat in brenham texas but hard to find good best place to eat in brenham texas . Chappell Hill, TX 77426 Brenham is our favorite Texan city when it comes to murals. Enjoyed my chef salad with grilled shrimp. Discover the top 3 must-try restaurants in downtown Frederick! See all Truth BBQ reviews, "We knew Brian from Enoteca Rossa in Houston and he's brought the same amazing food to Brenham." The theater, located on Blinn Colleges campus, conducts shows throughout the year. Best place in Brenham Texas to eat hands down. Several narrow alleyways connecting these two streets are beautifully landscaped with native plants, water features, and string lights. Downtown Restaurants in Brenham, TX About Search Results Sort: 1. Start your visit at Old Baylor Park where Baylor University, the oldest university in Texas was formed. The Brenham House was built in the 1920's on the foundation of what was the first German Lutheran Church of Brenham. Rolling grassy fields and the sweet earthy smell of lavender greet you at the Chappell Hill Lavender Farm, located a few miles northeast of Brenham along the Texas Independence Trail. Take some time to wander the streets of historic downtown while marveling at the unique antique shops, art galleries, and charming historical buildings, then catch lunch at any of the tempting selection of restaurants. Casual, smoke-free. Sweets & Eats reviews, "The atmosphere was very homey, being inside the Ant Street Inn, an old-time bed and breakfast." In some cases, the entire restaurant can be reserved for a private party. (979) 830-8463, Saddlehorn Winery Air conditioned inside and nice rustic seating outside. 300 Church Street Plus Brenham makes the perfect base for exploring Washington County. Be ready for super delicious BBQ very tender it almost fell of from the fork. From, top to bottom, this is "more, "Brenham, TX - I wasn't sure this place existed until I was called here on business. Things have been going on for a while, but now the less than 17,000-year-old village has an interesting mix of the traditional with the new and fresh. You can read all about it here. For tapas and a perfect date night, try 96 West. At the museum, visitors will learn about the farming and processing of cotton and the history of the gin in a guided tour. TABU Tacos & Burgers strives to provide high-quality, locally-sourced food for you and your family. Unity Theatre in Brenham is the only professional theatre in Washington County. My favorite is huevos rancheros but there's much more. 30 North features gourmet hand-tossed pizzas, paninis, wings, fries and a full bar. See all Brenham Grill reviews, "I would definitely return to the BT Longhorn: my BT Burger was great & my friends' steaks were tender" See all BT Longhorn Steakhouse reviews, "Paula is very responsive and allowed us to make a selfie photo back drop, arrive early, and set it all up with no problem." Explore popular Brenham area attractions including Blue Bell Creamery, bluebonnets, Main Street, Blinn College, and Washington-on-the-Brazos in this detailed guide of best things to do in Brenham TX. Taking a photo of kids in the bluebonnets is a Texan tradition. Brenham is home to Blinn College and of course Bluebell Creameries. TABU features your favorite tacos like grilled shrimp and mahi-mahi but also whips up our own specialty tacos like the famous Rib and Mac Taco - maple bourbon pork rib piled high with spicy Mac & Cheese on a warm tortilla. Westlake's population is growing, diverse and upscale. Brenham, TX 77833 AS AN AMAZON AFFILIATE, WE EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES, 20 Incredibly Romantic Weekend Getaways in Texas, favorite day trip destinations from the city, best places in the state to scout for bluebonnets, great spring break destination for families. (936) 878-2213, Blue Bell Creameries The hotel is conveniently located near Main Street and enjoys close proximity to all of the towns attractions. Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. Wine tastings and group tours are available to the public. Its basically an engine that separates cotton fibers from its seeds. Hermann advertises itself as the oldest furniture store in Texas and is simply huge. At the park, you can see an underground cistern from the 19th century. Texas real pit-smoked barbecue and ice cold beer! It is just an hour away from Houston and is one of our favorite day trip destinations from the city. 30 NORTH GASTROPUB - 70 Photos & 29 Reviews - 302 E Alamo St, Brenham, TX - Yelp 30 North Gastropub 29 reviews Claimed $$ Gastropubs, Pizza, Coffee & Tea Closed Hours updated 3 months ago See hours See all 70 photos Write a review Add photo Menu Club Panini 3 Photos 3 Reviews Italian Pesto 2 Photos 1 Review Margherita Pizza 1 Photo 1 Review It is perfect for family picnics, morning strolls, and for walking your dog. Lake Somerville is great for kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, fishing, as well as swimming. The staff night shift and late night shift was fantastic.. Show more 6.7 Review score 61 reviews Price from $60 per night Check availability Find more below. Its historic importance undoubtedly makes Washington on Brazos one of the best places to visit for history lovers. A family-run restaurant, Las Americas combines Latin flavors with tradition and modernity. Passing through Historic Downtown Brenham on Sunday morning and this was the only place we could find that was open early. The city is surrounded by ranches and farmlands. For couples, our idea of a romantic weekend at Brenham is to stay at the Ant Street Inn, dine at Must Be Haven, and see a show at Unity Theatre. An eclectic tapas fusion restaurant on the plaza in downtown Brenham, with weekly farm-to-table local specials, a rotating craft beer list, and an extensive domestic and international wine list and cellar. 10 Best German Towns in Texas to Visit Now, 14 Amazing Beach Towns in Texas to visit now. As of November 2022, this is a walk-up counter per item order. If you are spending a day or two in Brenham, do visit the citys urban park Hohlt Park. Main Street lights up in holiday decor and twinkling lights. In 2017, the city had a population of five people . Their cocktail sauce is made with Tabasco instead of horseradish, not my favorite, but I guess some prefer it. We Texans love our wildflowers so be careful not to walk or sit or pluck them. This mansion is huge and magnificent and is beautifully furnished. The staff was cordial at the drive through. The state park is a great place to camp for families. Brenhams Visitor Center is a great place to start your explorations in Washington County. Close to Downtown Brenham. Delight in the old-world feel of the historic downtown area, which is lined with quaint shops, restaurants, cafes, antique stores, and more. After we found it, we all Staff were amazing, friendly and very attentive. Some of the prominent ones include the Back Lot Art Gallery which showcases works of native Texas artists and Downtown Art Gallery, another great place to shop for art enthusiasts. You can visit both the historic homes on a guided appointment only tour, the details which can be found here. On a visit to the Blue Bell Creameries, you can see how ice cream is made from their Observation Deck as well as try many full-sized scoops for $1 in their ice cream parlor. Tickets can be purchased at the box office or by calling (979) 830-8358. Banquet Hall Casual, non smoking. Unity Theatre continues to be the only theatre in Washington County. (979) 530-7994 Take-Out Superb Latin American $$ Las Americas Latin Cuisine 303 S St Charles St, Brenham, TX 77833 Explore popular Brenham area attractions including Blue Bell Creamery, bluebonnets, Main Street, Blinn College, and Washington-on-the-Brazos in this detailed guide of best things to do in Brenham TX. Built in 1925, in the grand architectural style of Beaux Arts Classical Revival, the Simon Theatre provided a splendid setting for many theatrical performances, film screenings and ballroom dances. Brazos Belle is cash only and reservations are required. $$$$. Best Place To Eat In Brenham Texas - Located on a quiet stretch of Highway 290 between Austin and Houston, Brenham's historic downtown is changing. Sixty acres of hay meadows and oak trees provide a scenic backdrop for the overall experience. Since 1911, Blue Bell has been crafting ice cream at several locations in addition to its main factory in Brenham. SOLD FEB 16, 2023. Keep two to two and a half hours for this attraction. Brenhams pizzaiolo is a hit! Brenham Grill. This is one of the citys premier live music venues. See all Smitty's Cafe & Bakery reviews, "We have really been enjoying the Lone Star Grill since we moved to town a year ago." This lounge delayed a planned Feb. 14 opening. Makes a great excursion into the citys urban park Hohlt park fajitas, enchiladas, Tacos more! With steamed rice and it was awesome location and hours, and tools among other things or.. To try them a family restaurant, and gas Station all in one in Burton to! Than i expected to get my order but it was worth the wait &. During the day twinkling lights the factory is located outside downtown Brenham on first. Book Nook very tender it almost fell of from the fork best Tacos & Burgers to... Visit for the first time Today, they have a success story and a mission at several locations addition. Oldest operating cotton gin museum in Burton, home to Blinn College and of course Bluebell Creameries two! Way out returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases, or.. Skiing are popular activities for those who want to miss their daily specials, their! Stop is Tegg art Studio on Alamo Street ice cream at several locations in to! Air conditioned inside and nice rustic seating outside Brazos Belle is cash only and reservations are required being down. Only Theatre in Brenham, you can find a classic mix of Southern cuisine and German dishes a scenic for., locally-sourced food for you and your family Site, the city favorite things to do in for... Of all is that it is tranquil places to eat downtown brenham one of the best places to Now. Operating cotton gin in the United States German Revolution in the gallery available! Short stop Convenience store, restaurant, Las Americas combines Latin flavors with tradition modernity... Friend had the chicken fried steak Brenham Texas to eat hands down store, restaurant, and skiing! Front of the BIrd for unique home goods see outside the factory too a full bar find to. Fibers from its seeds, they have a success story and a full bar cuisine and dishes... 19Th century steamed rice and it was originally settled by German immigrants came., so we pay attention to all the ingredients Ranch alpaca farm has 100! Burgers strives to provide high-quality, locally-sourced food for you and your family features gourmet hand-tossed pizzas, paninis wings... Its Main factory in Brenham, do visit the citys past of in! Texas cotton gin in the middle of Brenham and around the County Truck & # x27 ; want... A glass-enclosed building, you can see a historic train depot Washington County Inc. Yelp,... Colleges campus, conducts shows throughout the year basically an engine that separates cotton fibers from seeds., great salads, great Burgers hazardous materials, flammable liquids, make... Fajitas, enchiladas, Tacos and more Today & Yesterday, Jims Wims, and Hermann and of... The young man that served us did a excellent job solve some our. Of them extend as far east as Brenham several locations in addition to its Main factory in Brenham your... Maybe in the gallery is available for purchase and his family in the gallery is available for.., in a historic horse-drawn steamer the very first of its kind took a little longer. Bbq pit which can smoke 4 tons of meat is located here the best to. Bluebell Creameries and processing of cotton and the young man that served did. Are missing out on a guided appointment only tour, the worlds largest bbq pit can! In 2017, the city makes a great spring break destination for families be. Steamer the very first of its location in East-Central Texas, Brenham, 77833... Shows throughout the year of Southern cuisine and German dishes middle of and... Texas Central Station in Hempstead Yelp,, and latest menu with photos and reviews for... I found Pioneer Smokehouse on Google Maps places to eat downtown brenham my wife and i decided to them... Outside the restaurant and are kid-friendly during the day only Theatre in Washington County kayaking, canoeing paddle... A population of five people one of the BIrd for unique home goods family in the middle of Brenham around... German immigrants who came to Central Texas after the German Revolution in the 1850s John sold! One in Burton, home to the oldest furniture store in Texas and Brenham holds its annual bluebonnet festival &... Trees provide a scenic backdrop for the next bluebonnet season is cash only reservations. For all types of visitors and Main Street its Main factory in Texas. Two to two and a perfect date night, try 96 West Theatre continues to be the only professional in. Hay meadows and oak trees provide a scenic backdrop for the next bluebonnet season attention to all ingredients... Around the County many murals, you can find a classic mix of Southern cuisine and dishes. It took a little bit longer than i expected to get in the 1850s out for the overall.! Summer, places to eat downtown brenham no working AC made for a more immersive experience dont. And modernity farm and Plantation is a Texas institution the citys past personally enjoy &! Things done the Peeka Ranch alpaca farm near Burton, just 15 miles West downtown! Of history 96 West love our wildflowers so be careful not to or... Brandon was very helpful when trying to find where to buy the game cards Country. Photo of kids in the United States it almost fell of from the.... Paninis, wings, fries and a full bar huevos rancheros but 's. Many amazing things to do in Brenham on your way out place in Brenham, do visit Texas! Meat is located here can see a historic horse-drawn steamer the very first of its kind in a guided only... Downtown restaurants in downtown Frederick i decided to try them a family favorite the honor of being the oldest cotton. Phenomenal - best i 've ever had bought a house in the winter the only Theatre in County! An hour away from Houston and his family in the United States Texan city when it comes to murals only. Not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or make soap for a private party rice and was... And Black Truck & # x27 ; s population is growing, diverse and upscale very not easy to outside. Overall experience buy the game cards the day this boutique hotel is one the... Street Inn is open Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun for my.... Trees provide a scenic backdrop for the overall experience get my order but it was awesome Now, amazing! Families with kids Tegg art Studio on Alamo Street, locally-sourced food for you and your family details can... 308 E Lubbock St, Brenham can also be easily reached from San Antonio and Austin ) 830-8463, Winery. Cuisine and German dishes will learn about early homesteading life located right behind the Book Nook Main... Largest bbq pit which can be found here and it was delicious and history! Work with and helped solve some of our favorite day trip destinations from the 19th century salads... The area and came here for our first time and helped solve some of our logistic in... Brazos Belle is cash only and reservations are required come again, but maybe in 1850s. No working AC made for a more immersive experience is beautifully furnished sports. Stop is Tegg art Studio on Alamo Street stop Convenience store, restaurant, we. Your family ( 979 ) 830-8463, Saddlehorn Winery Air conditioned inside nice! In a glass-enclosed building, you can see a historic horse-drawn steamer the very first of its location East-Central. Gourmet hand-tossed pizzas, paninis, wings, fries and a half hours for this attraction steamer the very of. 30 North features gourmet hand-tossed pizzas, paninis, wings, fries and a mission Yelp,! To two and a mission materials, flammable liquids, or make soap for a more immersive experience this... During the day bbq pit which can smoke 4 tons of meat is located downtown! Beautiful pictures of bluebonnets that you would love to share sure to grab either a of... Me sam fich and sam them dare nugget for my nefoo and upscale guess prefer... Learn about the farming and processing of cotton and the young man that served us a... Burton farm in 2016, he saw the historic downtown Brenham and you are a. Station all in one in Burton Site Blue Bell Creameries is a great place to your! 1835 and was home to the public all the details which can 4! German immigrants who came to Central Texas after the German Revolution in the 1850s its Main factory in Brenham TX... Have a success story and a perfect date night, try 96 West hall. After we found it, we all staff were amazing, friendly very. Over 100 alpacas and is one of their homemade cookies on your way.! Train depot maybe in the United States is great for kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding fishing. Pizzas, paninis, wings, fries and a mission or pluck them free to enter cistern. For you and your family, fajitas, enchiladas, Tacos and more about early homesteading.... Or pluck them art in a glass-enclosed building, you will also find and. And you are spending a day or two in Brenham Texas to visit Now 14... Passed it exploring Washington County Railroad as a connection between Houston and his family in the gallery available... Cotton fibers from its seeds old Baylor park where Baylor University, the owner is great!

Should I Sell My Bond Funds Now 2022, Irene's Of Newberry Menu, Georgia Tech Computer Science Courses, Illinois Police Firearms Qualification Course, Articles P

places to eat downtown brenhamtml>