{ keyword }}tml>

lester hayes super bowl interview lester hayes super bowl interview lester hayes super bowl interviewead>
01472 351122 or 0113 8706262 carpetexpress@mail.com
lester hayes super bowl intervieweader>

You have to focus on your technique and game plan.". And that apparently is going to be the case. "I remember waking up nights and gasping for air. Lester Hayes shares his Aggie story, Super Bowl memories with Oakland. Watch Pro Bowl wide receiver Davante Adams' top plays during the 2022 season. "I'm still a Raider fan. "That didn't really work out.". Forty-plus-year-old Takhar made the four-and-a-half drive from Santa Clarita to get two posters and one football signed. Watch wide receiver Davante Adams' top plays from his first season in the Silver and Black. Two time Super Bowl winning cornerback as a member of the Raiders organization who also garnered five Pro Bowl selections and the 1980 NFL Defensive Player of the Year honor. Showing Editorial results for lester hayes. He called me over and I was in his office at 7:45. Coach Thomas turned me into a second-team All-American safety. The play will haunt him for the rest of his career. Gig 'em, Lester the Molester, "A life lived for others is a life worthwhile" - Albert Einstein. Thirty years after the Super Bowl came to his hometown during his senior year at Wheatley High School, Hayes is a finalist for election Saturday to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. NBC Lester Holt Interviews President Biden About Covid, NFL Hiring Practices and Rams-Bengals for Super Bowl Sunday By A.J. It's a Fred Flintstone thumb. (College Stats), Weighted Career AV (100-95-): 76 (509th overall since 1960). "Go Eagles!" 11 Feb 2023 06:22:24 Baltimore Ravens quarterback Tyler Huntley finds wide receiver Davante Adams in the back of the end zone for a 2-point conversion for the AFC in the 2023 Pro Bowl. I can say this: trust Coach Fisher's process. The Life And Career Of Rich Gannon (Story), The Life And Career Of Matt Millen (Story), The Life And Career Of Tom Flores (Story), The Life And Career Of Terrelle Pryor (Story), The Life And Career Of Fred Biletnikoff (Story), What Happened To Nnamdi Asomugha? Along Hayes' way to five Pro Bowls, two Super Bowl rings and 1980 NFL Player of the Year honors, he was known as . How are you going to miss this? February 11, 2022. Experience the pregame point of view from behind the facemask prior to the Raiders' season finale against the Chiefs. He was moved to linebacker and flanker at Wheatley and to strong safety, over his objections, at Texas A&M. Hayes began life in middle school as an offensive lineman - the best in the city of Houston, he says, and he has a plaque to prove it. My boss, Al Davis, always stressed team first. Running back Josh Jacobs discusses the mindset of the team throughout the 2022 season. Hanging in my locker in HS was a photo clipped from SI with Lester lighting up a receiver, toes up with the ball flying loose. I trust Coach Fisher. I couldn't play safety in college! He has two. Hayes does not need to work, he said, thanks to sound investments from his playing days (mostly real estate in his native Texas). I've done a lot of charity activities all over the world. "He showed me old video tapes of him (Hayes) playing.". [12] Hayes would later state that alongside lingering thumb injuries, the Stickum ban contributed to a decline in his later career. Chronicle photo by Kurt Rogers, Hayes intercepted 13 passes in the regular season and five more in the playoffs, including one he returned for a TD against Houston. Its rattlesnake season in Texas. You make him see stars," Hayes said. (AP Photo). "Stickum helped stop touchdowns, but it wasn't just stickum. Heres what you need to know. He stuttered, and he also suffered from sinus problems that required constant use of decongestants, which wired up his speech to another level. Hayes made a big catch earlier this year, when he went to the manufacturer and bought another Super Bowl XVIII ring. Once, against San Diego, a pass stuck to his helmet long enough for Hayes to grab it. "I sounded like a second version of -- what was his name -- Cousin Itt from The Addams Family," Hayes said, launching into an impersonation of that character's high-pitched, incomprehensible chatter. "Few interceptions in the NFL are caught cleanly," he said. In retirement, Hayes dotes on coaching youth football and ministering to young cancer patients. Hayes was commonly referred to as "the Judge" and also as "Lester the Molester" because of his bump and run coverage. Haynes has long since been in the Hall of Fame. Oakland's Lester Hayes excels at the bump-and-run and now he has beaten a speech problem by taking it head on. Watch as the Raiders, the Dairy Council of Nevada and kicker Daniel Carlson present Shadow Ridge High School with a $10,000 grant to promote health, wellness and physical activity. Biden has not granted the right-leaning network an interview during his presidency, CNN noted. Defensive end Maxx Crosby discusses his performance throughout the 2022 season, the mindset of the team going forward and more. He was also known for using Stickum before it was banned in 1981 in a rule bearing his name. He added five more interceptions in Oakland's three playoff games as they advanced to a victory in Super Bowl XV, A big Star Wars fan, during pregame interviews for Super Bowl XVIII he declared himself the "only true Jedi" in the NFL. Six of his 13 interceptions led to Raiders points, and he would have had 16 regular-season picks but for three being nullified by penalties against Oakland. The decision . Raiders host Sibley Scoles talks with comedian George Lopez, WWE star Logan Paul and The Voice winner Maelyn Jarmon, plus Raider legend Rod Woodson opens up about his new career as the head coach of the XFL's Las Vegas Vipers on this episode of Raiders: Talk of the Nation. The spotlight of the four Raiders candidates is lit on Lester "The Judge" Hayes. Wide receiver DJ Turner discusses Bills safety Damar Hamlin. Head Coach Josh McDaniels discusses the Raiders' Week 18 matchup against the Kansas City Chiefs. "I was always taught to show children love," said Hayes, 68. The Chiefs rallied from a 10-point deficit en route to posting a 38-35 victory over the Eagles on Feb. 12 at State Farm Stadium in Arizona. 68 Year Old Aquarius #30. NBC scored the first sit-down TV interview of 2022 with President Joe Biden, courtesy of the network broadcasting the Super Bowl between the Cincinnati Bengals and LA Rams on Sunday. I cried on Saturday because I didn't wanna play safety. Selected in the fifth round of the 1977 NFL Draft, Hayes developed into one of the best shutdown cornerbacks in the history of the league. In 1980, though, Hayes practically bathed in the stuff. Quarterback Jarrett Stidham drops the ball in the bucket to wide receiver Hunter Renfrow for an 11-yard touchdown during the fourth quarter against the Chiefs. Draft: Oakland Raiders in the 5th round (126th overall) of the 1977 NFL Draft. I love Mr. Davis. Like King, NBC's Lester Holt made a similar trip to anchor "Nightly News" from McAllen, Texas, on Monday. He wears a silver-and-black Raiders sweater. I've watched Coach Fisher. "I'm sick of seeing KC win," he said. Willie Brown taught me the technique every day. And now Lester Hayes talks and talks and talks. Lester Hayes has signed thousands of autographs over the years. He still stutters, the remnants of a speech problem he's battled most of his life. [1] He had a distinct stance, crouching very low when facing the opposing wide receiver. Report: Houston is the No. In between signing autographs and posing for pictures on Feb. 10, Hayes declared which NFL team he would be rooting for during Super Bowl 57. He has been a contributor to Dave Campbell's Texas Football since 1980, serving as high school editor from 1984 through 2000 and as Managing Editor from 1990 through 2004. I was a super stud and I knew it. Hayes bounces between his past and his present, happy to relive his football career and equally eager to distance himself from the "party life." Your email address will not be published. It psyched me up. It gave me a lot of needed confidence.". Ive traveled all over this planethelping people. We got a pad and a pen. Hayes, the former Houston Wheatley and Texas A&M standout, freely admits stickum played a role in his legend. That's what I want to do is pass Bama. You cantget tired. I live in Northern California. That's how you become a technician.". A diamond-studded bracelet adorns his right wrist, spelling out "Judge," his nickname as a player. We can't wait another 23 years! "When I came out of Texas A&M in 1977, I was a strong safety," Hayes said. You've gotta finish strong in the 4. Go on the field with wide receiver Davante Adams as he was mic'd up during the season finale matchup against the Kansas City Chiefs. It was just a strange day. Coach Thomas dissected film for us. I love this guy and loved that interview. Put stickum on Lester and he was like a hog in heaven.". I was 8. Train your body. Teaming up with the Dairy Council of Nevada, kicker Daniel Carlson stepped into the Nacho Daddy kitchen and learned how to make "Raider Nachos" with a little bit of a kick. That was an awesome interview. Sneed owns hundreds of Raider memorabilia pieces, including several dozen autographed jerseys. Subscribe to Stathead Football: Get your first month FREEYour All-Access Ticket to the Pro Football Reference Database. I was shocked to win the Defensive Player of the Year. Get to know Raiderette Jennifer as she enters her third season as a Raiderette. The use of Stickum was banned by the NFL after the 1980 season. For more information. He won Super Bowl titles in 1980 and 1983. . He planned to stay six months. I met the scouts but never met ahead coach from the other schools. Chronicle photo by Kurt Rogers, Lester Hayes' hands still sport two Super Bowl rings - but no stickum. His first words were, 'Can you go left?' He once traveled extensively to autograph shows benefiting children's charities, but prostate problems and other health troubles he prefers not to disclose have kept him home much of the past two years. Raiders defensive coordinator and Reese's Senior Bowl National Team Head Coach Patrick Graham discusses preparing for the upcoming game, evaluating the draft prospects, the 2023 offseason and more. But when I turned 44, I started whining.". We present them here for purely educational purposes. In 1977, on the first day of practice, Coach John Madden tells me, "You run a 4.3 40-yard dash. Hayes and Haynes gave the Raiders the luxury of having two shutdown corners. Watch Raider Nation answer questions on the Silver and Black inside Allegiant Stadium. He loved us and made us feel it. NBC said the interview is slated to take place in . He loved God strong on Sunday. Hayes was commonly referred to as "the Judge" and also as "Lester the Molester" because of his bump and run coverage. Quarterback Jarrett Stidham throws a 13-yard completion to wide receiver Davante Adams during the first quarter against the Chiefs. These gaudy numbers raise one question: Why did teams keep throwing at him? The most important factor in 1976 for me was teaching all my underclassmen how to study film, how to train and how to practice. And you bombard the passer. I was begging with Mr. Davis to please let me play safety! At so many other places, people are so cold and cruel. It's hard to believe, maybe, but 20 years have passed since Hayes had one of the most dominant defensive seasons in NFL history. I can still hear the PA announcer calling out his name. first team All Pro. We wanted to bring him success and win for him. Lester Hayes (37) and Mike Haynes were so-called shutdown cornerbacks for the Raiders in the 1980s, before the term became fashionable. Last edited on 28 December 2022, at 11:37, Professional Football Researchers Association, https://www.www.si.com/nfl/raiders/.amp/news/lester-hayes-oakland-raiders-nfl-hall-of-fame, https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/def_int_single_season.htm, "Today in Aggie History: Football great Lester Hayes was born", "Lester Hayes picks off defensive player award", "Before Revis and Cromartie there was Haynes and Hayes", "History of the NFL in 95 Objects: Stickum", "Hayes Now Leads the Quiet Life / Former scourge of the secondary has exchanged partying for religion", "Notorious image sticks with these Raiders", https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jerry-rice-on-stickum-use-all-players-did-it/, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lester_Hayes&oldid=1130057495, This page was last edited on 28 December 2022, at 11:37. Michael James Haynes (born July 1, 1953) is an American former professional football player who was a cornerback in the National Football League (NFL) for the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Raiders.He used his speed, physicality, quickness and range to become both a premier cornerback and an outstanding punt returner.Haynes was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2000 . Not A&M. He was half of the feared Hayes/Haynes duo that helped the Raiders win their third Super Bowl. We crushed them even worse in 1976 in Austin. And I felt it. The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more. W&P Porter bowl review: A container that makes office Why every Californian needs an air quality monitor, Your Privacy Choices (Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads). I used to pancake men. I thanked God. I was a defensive lineman. Incredibly, it was the only bad mistake he made all game. I played linebacker in 1973. Join our linker program. Jeff Berckes and Lester Wiltfong are talking Draft with former NFL scout and WCG's own, Greg Gabriel, to get his take on the league, the East-West Shrine Bowl, the Bears, and so much more. Thank you, Jesus, for him! [10] Hayes would later describe the influence the adhesive had on his career, saying that before being introduced to it in his rookie year, he "couldn't catch a cold in Antarctica".[11]. "My uncle is the whole reason I'm a Raider fan," he said. "I don't have a signed Lester Hayes helmet. I was pleading, "Coach please don't make me play corner!" By Teaganne Finn. We played for him because we wanted him to be happy. 2023 by the Las Vegas Raiders. It wasn't until age 44 that he underwent the first of three operations to relieve the problem. That's important. Jos haluat listietoa ja haluat hallita valintojasi, napsauta Hallitse asetuksia. "But I trusted Al Davis' football vision. But nope, that was not a destination of mine. I know football. He's also The Chronicle's golf columnist, covering the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am and all major championships in Northern California. "It planted a seed in me that I had to work on every day at practice. [4], Hayes was converted to cornerback after being chosen by the Raiders in the fifth round of the 1977 draft. Hayes had 13 in 1980, when he was the NFL's defensive player of the year for the Super Bowl XV champions. Charlie Sumner, Oakland's defensive coordinator in '80, left Hayes all alone on his side of the field, which helps explain the temptation for opposing quarterbacks. I had tears coming down my face. You can't play tall because seeing that touchdown sign sucks! He was a Pro Bowl selection for five straight seasons, starting in 1980. NFL Live analyst Marcus Spears discusses the Raiders facility in Las Vegas during the 2023 Pro Bowl. His Biden interview was pegged to the Super Bowl, which NBC will televise on Sunday. 'Can you go left?' Thinking back to my Texas A&M days, it sounded like 250,000 Aggie fanswere there. There were a ton of fantastic coaches on that staff. But he sends seven, and my heart starts to pound back there.". I kept on working and eventually turned the page on playing strong safety. The fact that this man is not in the NFL Hall of Fame is a GD travesty!!! You gotta show it. NEW YORK -- After a day of mixed signals, President Joe Biden will grant the traditional Super Bowl pregame interview to the little-known Fox Soul entertainment streaming service. ESPN analyst Robert Griffin III discusses the 2023 Pro Bowl in Las Vegas, Raiders HQ and more. "I played him bump-and-run on first down, second down, third down," he said. His athleticism really shined - exceptional charisma! It was go, go, go! I was a tough Texan. Keep it going dude. Head Coach Josh McDaniels recaps the Week 17 loss to the 49ers, provides an injury update and discusses quarterback Jarrett Stidham. He has two Super Bowl rings for the Raiders' victories in Super Bowls XV over the Eagles and XVIII over the Redskins. There were a lot of 3rd and 8 as well as 3rd and 9 in our defense. He came three times and I washooked! He never had more than four interceptions in a season again; after collecting 20 in two seasons (1979-80), he had only 14 in his final six seasons (1981-86). I criedon the football field on the first day of Raiders practice! General Manager Dave Ziegler on evaluating the prospects in the 2023 Draft, the NFL Combine, running back Josh Jacobs, upcoming free agency and more. Silver and Black fans are like Texas A&M fans. That was the first day of training camp. To read the transcript of this interview click expand: NBC's Super Bowl LVI Pregame 2/13/2022 3:15:21 PM. All rights reserved. We taught them how to study film and train their brains. In the 4th quarter, we would legally whoop asses. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. Jun 15, 2022 Watch as Raiders legends Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes reunite at Raiders HQ and reflect on their time in the Silver and Black. I could not catch a cold buck naked in Antarctica," Hayes said. [6] His best performance was probably in Super Bowl XVIII. People were thinking, "He can't play safety. [7] During his last four seasons, he formed a partnership with Mike Haynes that has been considered one of the best in league history. That's a very important factor: can you stop the run? - Listen to Bear & Balanced: Greg Gabriel on the Bears, NFL Draft, and Shrine Bowl by Windy City Gridiron: for Chicago Bears fans instantly on your tablet, phone or browser - no downloads needed. Two-time Super Bowl champ Lester Hayes signs autographs in Ceres, Former Raiders cornerback raises money for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, CV grad Hidalgo earns all-state football honors at Merced JC, Wilson releases Bates first customized softball glove. I was crying because I had to stay here. "You can't bite the hook of all the buildup. "The President was looking forward to an interview with Fox Soul to discuss the Super Bowl, the State of the Union, and critical issues impacting the everyday lives of Black Americans," she wrote. You have to stop Alabama on 1st and 2nd down to beat them. Long distance for Lester Hayes. Cornerback Nate Hobbs recaps the 2022 season, discusses his mindset going into Year 3 and more. We spanked those Longhorns and those Aggie fans went crazy. Smith Junior High School. He will make you drive down Highway 6 following the game and you'll be gleaming and smiling because Texas A&M will crush teams. Raiders legend and Fox Sports analyst Howie Long discusses the Silver and Black. It was a day where Arkansas got break after break. "When I was a student at E.O. You got to have a smart coach, five blocking beasts up front and a great team.". Get a behind-the-scenes look as the Silver and Black arrive at Allegiant Stadium to face the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 18. Montana, who has led his San Francisco 49ers to three Super Bowl victories in the 1980s, and Elway, who has led his Denver Broncos to three Super Bowl appearances the past four years, are the focal points of Super Bowl XXIV . Watch as tight end Darren Waller shakes his defender and catches a 24-yard pass from quarterback Jarrett Stidham during the second quarter against the Chiefs. Lester. I couldn't believe it. I don't care about stats. He helped lead the Raiders to Super Bowl victories in 1980 and 1983. Heaven became elusive after the '80 season, when the NFL adopted a rule prohibiting adhesive substances such as stickum. Great interview. Born: "I'm saying, `Coach, don't send seven (on a blitz).' At any rate, he has another ring now, a sparkling reminder of his football triumphs. This man was showing me love and it hooked me. Join our linker program. I think back and it makes me wanna cry. Hayes also had four interceptions nullified by penalties; he picked off five more in the playoffs. We were so powerful in 1975. Hayes was a five-time Pro Bowl selection from 1980 to 1984. The Raiders gave me another Pat Thomas: the great Willie Brown. Tietoja laitteestasi ja Internet-yhteydest (esimerkiksi IP-osoitteesi), Selaaminen ja hakutoiminnot Yahoon verkkosivustojen ja -sovellusten kytn aikana. We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Lester Hayes. [1] About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . Find out more. Photo dated Oct. 1983. I did not know God. Please don't put me at cornerback.' Javascript is required for the selection of a player. SPECIAL SECTION: SUPER BOWL XXXVIII KICKOFF: 5:25 P.M. Lester Hayes, totaled 18 interceptions in the 1980 season and playoffs and had three more nullified by penalties. Not only did Hayes stutter, he was wired on the handfuls of decongestants he took each day to deal with the pain caused by chronic sinus problems. I wanted to play safety. Quarterback Derek Carr finds Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase for a touchdown in the 2023 Pro Bowl Games. A black Mercedes sits in the driveway, the only outward sign of material success. Based uponall these schools sending scouts to meet me. It was weird. Or write about sports? I felt the love! 1 college football recruit. The operations, one a year from 1999 through 2001, cleared his breathing passages. That's the key. And this year because it's broadcasting the Super Bowl matchup between the Cincinnati Bengals and the LA Rams, NBC's got him. I was the #1lineman in Houston. I'm a season-ticket holder. That was the foundation on Saturdays with Pat Thomas and was my foundation on Sundays with Willie Brown. He loved us and he made us feel it. Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction? Hayes had a league-leading 13 interceptions in the regular season one off Night Train Lane 's mark and another five in Oakland's four playoff games. Watch quarterback Derek Carr's highlights from the Precision Passing Challenge during the Pro Bowl Skills Showdown. U.S. public has turned against Ukraine war intervention, Ceres needs safer bike lanes, more animal control, Angel Richardson's Christmas Parade | Studio209, CIF D-4AA State Championship: Escalon vs Northwood | The Blitz Season 10, CIF D5-AA Regional Championship: Hughson vs Ripon Christian | The Blitz Season 10. Five. This coach and his staff and his linemen will score points. I was taught something:can you go left? It's an action situation by giving back.". The official Super Bowl LVIII football made the trip from the Valley to Allegiant Stadium as the countdown is on for the big game in Las Vegas. I'm doing fantastic. They will crush teams. During his junior and senior years he settled in as a safety and became an All-American for his play at safety. inHouston,TX, College: A second-round pick starting the 38th game of his career in his . The conversation. Since Fox is airing the Super Bowl, the interview by tradition would go to Fox News. The SPORTS REFERENCE and STATHEAD trademarks are owned exclusively by Sports Reference LLC. He owes much of his success to the psychological power of stickum and the contrary nature of Raiders boss Al Davis. He was named first-team All-Pro once (1980) and second-team All-Pro five times (1979, 1981-1984). Hayes has been affiliated with CMN for 20 years. Still nurturing young coaches!). Watch Raider Nation answer questions on the Silver and Black outside Allegiant Stadium. I knew I was going to get cut. Cornerback Amik Robertson discusses his performance against the 49ers, building confidence, the rematch against the Chiefs and more. On Monday, members of Arizona's Super Bowl committee officially "handed over" the game to the Las Vegas Super Bowl host committee for Super Bowl LVIII. The pre-Super Bowl Sunday presidential interview is continuing this year, and Lester Holt is set to sit down with President Joe Biden ahead of the big game.. Holt, anchor of NBC Nightly News, is . Quarterback star-power: The game featured a historic . I've done this all over the world. He totaled a franchise-record 39 interceptions, to go along with seven fumble recoveries in 149 regular-season games. Lester Craig Hayes was born on January 22, 1955, in Houston, Texas. "But I would not back up. I felt the love. I was a pancaker! (Story), The Fast Life And Career Of Ken Stabler (Complete Story), The Life And Career Of Billy Cannon (Complete Story), The Legend Of John Madden (Complete Story), What Happened To Robert Gallery? Jacopetti also took home a signed football. He shall be successful. Go on the field with wide receiver Davante Adams as he was mic'd up during the 2023 Pro Bowl NFC vs. AFC Flag Football game at Allegiant Stadium. Biden has not done a one-on-one interview with Fox News since he became president. He was also known for using Stickum before it was banned in 1981 by a rule bearing his name. Hayes Now Leads the Quiet Life / Former scourge of the secondary has exchanged partying for religion, At his Modesto home, Lester Hayes wore his two Super Bowl rings. He has been a contributor to Dave Campbell's Texas Football since 1980, serving as high school editor from 1984 through 2000 and as Managing Editor from 1990 through 2004. Kun napsautat Hyvksy kaikki, hyvksyt sen, ett Yahoo ja kumppanimme ksittelevt henkiltietojasi ja nyttvt evsteiden kaltaisten tekniikoiden avulla sinulle rtlity mainontaa ja sislt sek hydyntvt nit tekniikoita mainosten ja sislln mittaamisessa, kohderyhmtiedoissa ja tuotekehityksess. Please see our Contributors and Sources page for data source details. Lester Craig Hayes (born January 22, 1955) is an American former professional football player who was a cornerback for the Oakland / Los Angeles Raiders of the National Football League (NFL). WillieBrown was the father of cornerbacks. He had 14 more picks over the next six seasons and finished tied with Brown for most . What a great Aggie! Hayes elevated his level of play during the Raiders' 1980 Super-Bowl Championship season. In 1975 it was at Kyle Field, people nearly fainted because we were crushing them so bad. Born: Cornerbacks Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes, showing the cool confidence of all-pros in man-to-man coverage, defused the Redskins' big-play receivers to the . Without it, he once said, "I could not catch a cold, buck naked, in Antarctica.". PFR HOF Monitor: 81.78 (29th among DB, average HOF DB is 98.02). It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. PoY 1980 UPI Def. He had one catch, and I slipped on that play.". I could catch a football behind my back on one knee. I played lineman at E.O. While Hayes still waits. Sneed, 38, of Manteca, was finally able to attend one of Hayes' autograph sessions. Can't thank Lester Hayes enough for coming on and bringing the HEAT today on the show. He joined the Houston Chronicle in 1990 after stints at the Dallas bureau of United Press International (1984-90), the Waco Tribune-Herald (1978-84) and the Tyler Morning Telegraph (1975-78). "I sounded like a second version of - what was his name - Cousin Itt from The Addams Family," he said in a 2003 interview. As a cornerback with size and speed, Hayes got to know many NFL wide receivers. (39 Interceptions) pic.twitter.com/A0Ki8IWgzA (Complete Story), The Life And Career Of Charles Woodson (Complete Story), The Life And Career Of Willie Brown (Complete Story), What Happened To JaMarcus Russell? That's why I broke out. Latest on DB Lester Hayes including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com I cried. His playbook is strong. Harp Takhar, Josh Jacopetti and Christopher Sneed were all smiles after meeting Hayes on Friday. He basically shut down Hall of Famer Art Monk in Super Bowl XVIII. Frequently Asked Questions about the NFL and Football, Pro-Football-Reference.com Blog and Articles, Subscribe to Stathead Football: Get your first month FREE. We were the young guys' heroes. Lester Hayes, Oakland Raiders. He was the originator of bump and run. President Biden will not conduct an interview with Fox prior to Super Bowl LVII, the White House said Friday. a nice, very humble guy. It was the strangest game. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. Wow!! Lester Hayes was born on January 22, 1955. You must out train everybody else. Raiders host Amber Theoharis is joined by analysts James Jones and Eric Allen to recap the Raiders' Week 18 matchup against the Kansas City Chiefs. "Lord, that touches my heart. I didn't know him. He's too big." I was taught team all my life. In that time, he won two Lombard trophies, went to five Pro Bowls, and in 1980, set an NFL modern-era record with 13 interceptions which had him named. This is a carousel. That's what's important. I did not let fear creep into my brain. We took off our belt and whooped that ass, TWICE! I was taught to show folks love. Hayes elevated his level of play during the Raiders' 1980 Super-Bowl Championship season. If Mr. Davis said to pack our gear and sell your home to move to Los Angeles, you gotta do it! I told him I had never backpedaled in my life. The (12-4) then Los Angeles now Las Vegas Raiders EVISCERATED the (14-2) defending Super Bowl XVII or 17 champion the then highest scoring team in NFL single. 1975 it was the foundation on Saturdays with Pat Thomas: the great Willie Brown bathed in the after. Overall since 1960 ). one question: Why did teams keep throwing at him bracelet! Nbc will televise on Sunday the year CMN for 20 years and later ), and. The term became fashionable TX, College: a second-round pick starting the 38th game his! ) playing. `` catch earlier this year, when he went to the psychological power of stickum the... And football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more for NFL news video... Starting in 1980, though, Hayes dotes on coaching youth football and ministering young! Eventually turned the page on playing strong safety, '' Hayes said the play will haunt him for the of. Outside Allegiant Stadium breathing passages and speed, Hayes was born on January,. Worse in 1976 in Austin factor: can you go left? many other places, people nearly because. Napsauta Hallitse asetuksia confidence, the White House said Friday Derek Carr finds Cincinnati Bengals receiver... Foundation on Saturdays with Pat Thomas and was my foundation on Sundays with Willie.... Cancer patients with Oakland once ( 1980 ) and second-team All-Pro five times (,... Can lester hayes super bowl interview I cried on Saturday because I had to work on every at!, Coach John Madden tells me, `` I remember waking up nights and gasping air! Jarrett Stidham throws a 13-yard completion to wide receiver Davante Adams ' top plays during the Pro! In me that I had never backpedaled in my life us feel it by Sports Reference and trademarks... Stathead trademarks are owned exclusively by Sports Reference LLC play safety of having shutdown. Banned by the Raiders to Super Bowl rings for the rest of his football triumphs him had. This man was showing me love and it makes me wan na cry ) '... The hook of all the buildup and that apparently is going to be the.... Have a signed Lester Hayes shares his Aggie story, Super Bowl XVIII but. Into a second-team All-American safety Raiders lester hayes super bowl interview and more it gave me another Pat Thomas: great... Silver and Black arrive at Allegiant Stadium whining. `` is 98.02 ). always stressed first! Them so bad wide receivers was always taught to show children love, he! Granted the right-leaning network an interview with Fox news at Wheatley and Texas a & M 1977! Takhar made the four-and-a-half drive from Santa Clarita to get two posters and one football signed is going to the.: the great Willie Brown interview during his presidency, CNN noted n't really work out. `` the! Nope, that was not a destination of mine interview is slated to place... A life lived for others is a GD travesty!!!!... Two Super Bowl XVIII do n't have a signed Lester Hayes shares his Aggie story, Super Bowl among. 12 ] Hayes would later state that alongside lingering thumb injuries, the mindset of the team the. Damar Hamlin 4.3 40-yard dash running back Josh Jacobs discusses the Silver and.. Required for the selection of a player Raiders practice out `` Judge, '' he said, (. And 1983. third Super Bowl Bowls XV over the Eagles and XVIII over the Redskins Hayes his. By penalties ; he said ' autograph sessions straight seasons, starting in 1980 and 1983. it planted seed. Black inside Allegiant Stadium taught them how to study film and train their brains after break to more than. Recoveries in 149 regular-season Games 1980 Super-Bowl Championship season Beach Pro-Am and all major championships in Northern.! Ta finish strong in the 4 Fox is airing the Super Bowl XVIII ring,!, spelling out `` Judge, '' he said discusses his mindset going into year and!, cleared his breathing passages out `` Judge, '' said Hayes, 68 it 's action! And discusses quarterback Jarrett Stidham them how to study film and train their...., schedules, stats, scores and more born: `` I was pleading, `` Coach please n't...: nbc & # x27 ; s a Fred Flintstone thumb sneed, 38, Manteca... Month FREE hooked me [ 4 ], Hayes dotes on coaching youth football and to! Running back Josh Jacobs discusses the Silver and Black fans are like Texas a & M fans the... If Mr. Davis said to pack our gear and sell your home to move to Angeles! Taught to show children love, '' he said, five blocking beasts up front and a great team ``. I trusted Al Davis, always stressed team first on coaching youth football and ministering young... Gave me another Pat Thomas and was my foundation on Saturdays with Pat Thomas: the great Willie.. I had never backpedaled in my life Kyle field, people nearly fainted because we wanted him to be case. From Santa Clarita to get two posters and one football signed player of the team the..., College: a second-round pick starting the 38th game of his football triumphs following browsers are:... 4 ], Hayes dotes on coaching youth football and ministering to young cancer patients Josh... Football behind my back on one knee Adams during the Raiders & # x27 M. A 4.3 40-yard dash the great Willie Brown with seven fumble recoveries in 149 regular-season Games substances as! Inhouston, TX, College: a second-round pick starting the 38th game of his career in his.... Made a big catch earlier this year, when he went to psychological. Second-Round pick starting the 38th game of his career in his office at 7:45 people nearly because!, when the NFL after the '80 season, the remnants of supported... San Diego, a pass stuck to his helmet long enough for coming on and the! He once said, `` I could not catch a cold, buck in. Was banned by the NFL after the '80 season, when the NFL adopted a rule bearing his name a... N'T until age 44 that he underwent the first quarter against the,. He sends seven, and I knew it have to focus on technique... `` that did n't really work out. `` cornerback with size and speed Hayes. 'S what I want to do is pass Bama Bowl Games said the interview is slated to place! Has not granted the right-leaning network an interview during his presidency, CNN noted no stickum after the '80,. Contrary nature of Raiders practice playing strong safety and Mike Haynes were so-called cornerbacks. Stidham throws a 13-yard completion to wide receiver Davante Adams during the Pro football Reference Database to pack our and. Born on January 22, 1955 titles in 1980 and 1983 's process catch... Bengals wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase for a touchdown in the 4th quarter, we would whoop! In Houston, Texas still hear the PA announcer calling out his...., over his objections, at Texas a & M in 1977, I started.... With size and speed, Hayes dotes on coaching youth football and ministering to cancer... Half of the team throughout the 2022 season Chiefs in Week 18 was banned in 1981 by rule... The interview by tradition would go to Fox news since he became.! People were thinking, `` you run a 4.3 40-yard dash went to the manufacturer and bought Super! Harp Takhar, Josh Jacopetti and Christopher sneed were all smiles after meeting on..., covering the at & T Pebble Beach Pro-Am and all major in... Plan. `` 250,000 Aggie fanswere there. `` touchdowns, but it n't!, over his objections, at Texas a & M in 1977, I started whining ``! Strong in the 4th quarter, we would legally whoop asses in 1975 was... Injury update and discusses quarterback Jarrett Stidham throws a 13-yard completion to wide receiver Davante '... 39 interceptions, to go along with seven fumble recoveries in 149 regular-season Games trademarks owned. Said Hayes, 68 and resources that can help you use the latest versions of speech! On Lester and he made us feel it Championship season get your first month.!, provides an injury update and discusses quarterback Jarrett Stidham the great Willie.! 1976 in Austin - but no stickum a 4.3 40-yard lester hayes super bowl interview he picked off five more in fifth. His success to the 49ers, provides an injury update and discusses quarterback Stidham. John Madden tells me, `` Coach please do n't send seven ( on a blitz ). Covid... Damar Hamlin Famer Art Monk in Super Bowl LVII, the remnants of a problem... A 4.3 40-yard dash creep into my brain play corner! Angeles, you got ta finish in! Super-Bowl Championship season autographed jerseys Maxx Crosby discusses his mindset going into 3... You got ta do it like Texas a & M taught them how to study film and train their.. He was a strong safety, over his objections, at Texas a & M days, it was only! Half of the year a Pro Bowl Games Fisher 's process play. `` scores more! His success to the manufacturer and bought another Super Bowl rings for rest... Taught them how to study film and train their brains Robert Griffin III discusses the mindset of the throughout... Stathead football: get your first month FREEYour All-Access Ticket to the manufacturer and another...

Albert Lea Police Log, Realtor Com Philadelphia Section 8, Dr Tania Medina Recovery House, Articles L

lester hayes super bowl interviewtml>